Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Music colleges and instrument grades

Music colleges and instrument grades

Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:59 am
Just Joined

lou lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Music colleges and instrument grades

Hello

Does anyone know of any music colleges for advanced students ie A Level and ABRSM standard grade 7 and 8
I understand the ABRSM fly there to do grades twice a year
I have a fifteen year old grade 7 ABRSM Harpist and a 12 year old grade 4 Trinity drummer
Any Mums or Dads out there with any knowledge of Music education in Bardados
I am from Dorset in the UK
thankyou
Louisa
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:13 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Music colleges and instrument grades

I would maybe suggest that you contact the Barbados Community College as they do have a Fine Arts/Applied Arts department. How advanced it is etc I have no idea. http://bcc.edu.bb/ I would suggest trying to find out through BCC what they know about doing this in Barbados.

there are children/young adults etc, that do piano privately, not in schools who do take Royal Schools of Music exams each year through there receptive teachers.

I have a friend who is a professional saxophonist who also teaches (and his wife is a dance instructor who uses the Royal Academy of Ballet exmas. I may be able to ask a question to see what they can tell us.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: Music colleges and instrument grades

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
I would maybe suggest that you contact the Barbados Community College as they do have a Fine Arts/Applied Arts department. How advanced it is etc I have no idea. http://bcc.edu.bb/ I would suggest trying to find out through BCC what they know about doing this in Barbados.

there are children/young adults etc, that do piano privately, not in schools who do take Royal Schools of Music exams each year through there receptive teachers.

I have a friend who is a professional saxophonist who also teaches (and his wife is a dance instructor who uses the Royal Academy of Ballet exmas. I may be able to ask a question to see what they can tell us.

Thankou I will look into the BCC today
I have emailed Notes o praise 3 times but you never get a reply back
I apparently do have the right address
Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Hi
Has anybody else got an email address for Notes of Praise that just may be a bit different?
any help much appreciated!
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:02 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

[email protected] is the only one I see on their website. Telephone: (246) 432-8462 you may want to try a quick phone call just to make sure directly with them.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
[email protected] is the only one I see on their website. Telephone: (246) 432-8462 you may want to try a quick phone call just to make sure directly with them.

Hi thanks, I have just rung them and the number is not recognised?
I have checked the code on the web aswell
next stop, the BCC nothings ever easy Ha !
Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:55 pm

Not surprising.. and yes, very frustrating.. even for someone living here.. I'll have a look in the local directory and see what we come up with.