Moving Company

Old May 19th 2009, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

elkia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Company

Can anyone recommend a good moving company ? i'm relocating to Barbados in the next few weeks, and thinking about doing a door to port delivery from the US (Miami), my company (DHL) should be able to clear my items through customs, but i need to find a company to move my things into my apartment (when i find one) and put together my major furniture for me. I have received a quote from Micheal Greaves Moving company for US$1250 for moving and a so called unavoidable fee of US$445 for port charges. Actully my company said they even have a truck that i could use to move my items but of course i would need some man power to move my things. I moving a 2 bedroom apartment from the states, 2 queen bedroom sets (bed, dresser, night stand) and living room items (couch and love seat) are the heaver items. Is this reasonable ? or can anyone suggest a another company to move my items for cheaper ? Any suggestions would be great
Old May 19th 2009, 10:58 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Company

I can suggest a driver/man power if that is any help. Its someone i know very well and someone else has used from this site for delivery and was very happy - he is not a moving company but a handyman/delivery person who would be good to know for helping you set up and all sort of stuff and could also provide more man power.

If you want his details drop me a line either on email or pm

Dips
Old May 20th 2009, 1:44 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

give me a bit.. let me find my info.. DO NOT USE Michael Greaves.. He tried to charge me almost double what I ended up paying. I actually used a company out of Washington State (as I was in North Carolina) called Ranier.. I'll see if I can find the company that shipped it to Barbados and if you have a customs broker than you are good to go.. I have a name if you want it.

Back in a bit
Old May 20th 2009, 1:47 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, i'm confused.. you need a shipping company?? from Miami to Barbados or you just need someone from the port to your house??

I did door to port and then the customs broker added on the port to my house.. he cleared it and then had the truck deliver my items. Once here, the hubby and I moved it all in. (we only had one piece of furniture in this shipment).
Old May 20th 2009, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

butterflysue1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my container delivered to my home with the customs officer coming (on overtime) to check everything and then the container was collected the following day. My initial quote was 500bds but I got it for 250bds from a friend who know a driver. I will look for the number and get back to you. We unloaded the container ourselves. The port charges are unavoidable inconvenience.
Old May 20th 2009, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

That would be great, if you have someone private that you have used before that would great. You can send me a private message with the information. I thinking about doing a door to port delivery from Miami to Barbados, i was also looking to do door to door but have been sent some crazy quotes (US$6,000-9,000), even though my company is paying the fee i think they have a cap of how much i can spend so i'm trying to go the cheapest route. The door to port was a little cheaper so i was thinking about going this route and have a company deliver my items once they are in Barbados. My company told me that they could do the clerance for me once the items reached to Barbados, so my problem is finding a delivery company or individual to delivery the items to me once i find a place.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:34 pm

Mark Lawson
International Sales
Rainier Overseas Movers, Inc.
1-888-510-1592 or (206) 310-1155 - Phone
(530) 325-7141 - Fax

Mark Lawson [[email protected]]

ok. they are located in Washington State.. They did a move for me from NC to Barbados.. Door to port, last summer. Not I didn't have nearly as much as you and only 1 piece of furniture, but they also had to truck it from NC to Miami before putting it on the boat.

my local guy, customs clearance and delivery from port to door, was

Adrian Harewood
[email protected]
246-230-4847 (Cell)
246-437-2045 (Home)

it was about 800.00bbd from port to door, that was with the clearance the the truck and 2 guys to off load when it got to my house (we moved it from the garage into the house.

Now.. again.. I had a smallish load, only 1 piece of furniture, but 4 large boxes and several small.. I can't remember what they called it but the whole thing fit on a pallet and it was sealed like a very large cardboard box.

try both of these people and see what you come up with. let me know
Old May 21st 2009, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much . I will check them out and see what they tell me.