British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Moving to Barbados - work and income (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/moving-barbados-work-income-921405/)

Clive Cromwell Jan 25th 2019 7:54 am

Moving to Barbados - work and income

Hi,My wife and I are looking to move to Barbados now that I have my citizenship and the rest of the legal documents.
i am currently a Country Estate Manager working for a titled couple which I have been for fifteen years
i am fit and looking for a new challenge and to be with the rest of my family on the island.
My wife is currently working as a housekeeper and keeps everything to a very high standard.

regards
Clive

Serendipidy Jan 29th 2019 10:03 am

Re: Looking for work

Hi Clive and Welcome to the forum

I think you will find these kind of opportunities by networking as in a small island its all about who ya know as Im sure you realise - so I would suggest joining the Barbados Yacht club and some other high end mixers

Dips

Clive Cromwell Jan 29th 2019 2:02 pm

Re: Looking for work

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, I'm lucky enough to have a cousin who is a member of the Yacht club, and I guessed that is what I need to do, I'm coming over in a months time hopefully we are going to the gold cup at the garrison and polo up at holders so that will be a fairly good start.
Thanks again and if you were to hear of anything I would appreciate it, if you could remember me.
regards
clive

Sunniebgi Jan 29th 2019 2:16 pm

re: Moving to Barbados - work and income

<snipped by BEVS>

Clive.. I'd have to agree with Serendipity on her suggestions... making the right contacts certainly does help, regardless of the job/employment you are looking for.

Sunniebgi Jan 29th 2019 9:40 pm

did my reply get deleted??

moneypenny20 Jan 31st 2019 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi (Post 12629487)
did my reply get deleted??

No it didn't. All the job forums are pre moderated and therefore go in the Mod queue until a Mod/Admin can confirm it's not spam. All job requests should be in the Jobs Wanted forum. Unfortunately the Mods/Admin may not necessarily catch every thread that ends up in the incorrect forum so some may slip through the net unless posters report it to us.

Clive Cromwell Jan 31st 2019 10:09 am

Thank you for your reply, I look forward to coming over next month

BEVS Feb 1st 2019 6:30 am

Re: Looking for work - Barbados

Originally Posted by Clive Cromwell (Post 12630198)
Thank you for your reply, I look forward to coming over next month

Ok, So thank you and welcome.

Dipity and Sunnie give a whole of their volunteer time with this so I do hope you come back and update us

Normally such topics asking for work are removed to the Jobs Wanted section as BE is really about meeting and chatting , not buy and sell ads as such.

However as our lovely Dipity and Sunnie have given of their time I shall allow this.

Sunniebgi Feb 1st 2019 12:51 pm

Re: Moving to Barbados - work and income

THANKS BEVS!!!. I can tell you.. if you really want to scroll through this Barbados section.. there are (in good bajan).. NUFF NUFF job wanted posts or at least asking about jobs. . I personally never look at jobs wanted.. so would have never seen Clive's post.. To also say. For Barbados anyway. many of the posts are about wanting to move to Barbados and work.. which technically isn't possible if you aren't a citizen or resident with the right papers. .(although we know it happens). everything from Swim Instructors to doctors to unskilled labour .. the questions are ask..

thanks for your assistance..