Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Moving to Barbados thinking on working for the police force

Moving to Barbados thinking on working for the police force

Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

sabrina189 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Barbados thinking on working for the police force

Hi my name is sabrina i'm originally from the Turks and caicos islands and i am a Police Officer in the Turks and Caicos.I know that our police force recurit officers from all over the caribbean and actually my best friends are from barbados but they live and work here i heard that the barbados police is thinking on recruiting people from the other caribbean islands????

i jus got back from bim in August and i have been the too many times to count it is our number one destination for vacation.I also have a degree in Business Management and recently applied for uwi there but i am strongly thinking on moving there can someone help me outwith any job oppertunities over there?????
Old Nov 9th 2009, 8:01 pm
Banned

neal brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Barbados thinking on working for the police force

The police force may be your best bet for a start sound like a wise idea and a good start but i guess you may have to work on a contract, joining the police force is a very good channel you can meet people that know people great idea the government is looking for police officers,every body is looking for a job elsewhere but what they dont know a government job is the best way to start for a forigner.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

sabrina189 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neal brown
The police force may be your best bet for a start sound like a wise idea and a good start but i guess you may have to work on a contract, joining the police force is a very good channel you can meet people that know people great idea the government is looking for police officers,every body is looking for a job elsewhere but what they dont know a government job is the best way to start for a forigner.
Thank you very much neal brown i will try and get a friend of mine in barbados to send my application over
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

grassisgreener is an unknown quantity at this point

Sabrina

Have you been to the website? http://www.barbadospolice.gov.bb/index.cfm application form is on there.

Good luck
Old Nov 11th 2009, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

_Tropical_11th is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sabrina189
Hi my name is sabrina i'm originally from the Turks and caicos islands and i am a Police Officer in the Turks and Caicos.I know that our police force recurit officers from all over the caribbean and actually my best friends are from barbados but they live and work here i heard that the barbados police is thinking on recruiting people from the other caribbean islands????

i jus got back from bim in August and i have been the too many times to count it is our number one destination for vacation.I also have a degree in Business Management and recently applied for uwi there but i am strongly thinking on moving there can someone help me outwith any job oppertunities over there?????

Overseas recruits possible for RBPF
10/27/2009
http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/news...al&NewsID=6932

While not the first option, Attorney General [ http://www.oag.gov.bb/ ] Freundel Stuart said this country may have to look to beyond its shores to replenish the police force. [ . . . ]

He said from the Caribbean but I can't see him turning down able bodied individuals that have the qualifications from outside the region. That would just be extremely backward of the government. I can see why he can't say that he's going to try and recruit from outside the region, (due to getting all tied up with CARICOM obligations) but I can't see the AG turning down someone willing and able to come-forward on their own to offer their services.

Last edited by _Tropical_11th; Nov 11th 2009 at 2:30 am.