Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Moving To Barbados Next Year

Moving To Barbados Next Year

Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:59 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Barbados Next Year

Originally Posted by neal brown
.The reason why i mention you must have money every one knows money talks bullshit walk am not here to cry down anyone where money is concern but my advise to you is to find the right lawyer and you will get work permit,citizenship and what ever you want and all your documents will be legall this has nothing to do with black market if you guys know the right people you will get through.However my fiance although having property now in Barbados she never .The problem you can have the best lawyer in the world if they dont have the right connections nothing will get done,at the end of the day every person will not be lucky to get this done.So i will keep this lawyer(lady) no matter what.
Ok Neal so what you are saying is if you have enough money and they have the right connections - umm aint that called BRIBERY??? Tutt Tutt not something you should be advocating and no wonder anyone else who you accuse of actually knowing about this is keeping that quiet lol

Also you have gone from saying its really easy to saying that only the lucky one gets this -which one is it?

Last edited by Serendipidy; Nov 9th 2009 at 10:02 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:28 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Ok Neal so what you are saying is if you have enough money and they have the right connections - umm aint that called BRIBERY??? Tutt Tutt not something you should be advocating and no wonder anyone else who you accuse of actually knowing about this is keeping that quiet lol

Also you have gone from saying its really easy to saying that only the lucky one gets this -which one is it?
Neal talks as though Barbados is some 3rd world corrupt state. Just flash some cash and you're in. Barbados is about as 1st world as a tiny caribbean island can get, already over flooded with plenty of vastly wealthy residents, so I doubt they are begging at their knees for anymore. The recent cry has been to protect those already on the islands not slip a few extra through the back door for a few bucks.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice

I'm not sure about flashing the cash - but i do know that in Barbados knowing the right people (especially those working in government posts) can work wonders when it comes to avoiding paying import duties on goods brought into the country, speeding up residency applications, passing dodgy building planning applications and the like.

Unfortunately though - i don't have any such friends. (not that i've ever submitted a dodgy planning application .....!!)
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:03 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat_wannabe07
I'm not sure about flashing the cash - but i do know that in Barbados knowing the right people (especially those working in government posts) can work wonders when it comes to avoiding paying import duties on goods brought into the country, speeding up residency applications, passing dodgy building planning applications and the like.

Unfortunately though - i don't have any such friends. (not that i've ever submitted a dodgy planning application .....!!)
Maybe so, but personally when moving to a new country it is best to do everthing by the book, then later down the line nobody can hold nothing over you. I know recently on some Caribbean islands even government officials are being scrutinised, so I would not hedge my bets on this approach.

Last edited by pgtips; Nov 10th 2009 at 9:05 am.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:32 am
Banned

neal brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Am sorry guys if you misunderstand me am just trying to be as real and truth as possible i am not advocating any type of bribery if you put your glasses on you will see i mention it has nothing to do with black market and it is 100% legall.It is true that these documents are not easy to get and most of you had given very well comments on people looking to move or work in Barbados
what i am trying to say is most of you maybe white folkes comming to Barbados are joining forces with other white folkes now dont get me wrong birds of one feather flock together,but when you walk into the immigration department or the police station you mee local black people working in these places if you guys can find the correct locals to befriend with you will get what you want it happen all over the world,for example do you think that if i go to oistins on friday and want to buy a necklace from the vendors he is going to charge me the same price as you noway i pay $20 you pay $50 so my advise to you is look for the right local connection.Pretending that the world is such an honest and perfect place will get you nowhere.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:40 am
Banned

To Sunniebge when i mention money am talking about you must have money to have a lawyer plus to prove you can provide for your self,and to your friends that have Bajan children and living here for more than 8 years show that they have probably flout the immigration laws before i find it very strange that they have bajan children what were they doing for over 8 years leaving Barbados every 6 months.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
firstly.. in the words of our dear friend Jack Bowman.. do you think you could try a little english.. instead of disjointed speaking.. if you are typing to fast slow down and make your posts a bit more clear and understandable.
I have to agree with the above, so maybe there is a reason why you get misunderstood all the time.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:55 am

Am sorry guys if you misunderstand me am just trying to be as real and truth as possible i am not advocating any type of bribery if you put your glasses on you will see i mention it has nothing to do with black market and it is 100% legall.It is true that these documents are not easy to get and most of you had given very well comments on people looking to move or work in Barbados
what i am trying to say is most of you maybe white folkes comming to Barbados are joining forces with other white folkes now dont get me wrong birds of one feather flock together,but when you walk into the immigration department or the police station you mee local black people working in these places if you guys can find the correct locals to befriend with you will get what you want it happen all over the world,for example do you think that if i go to oistins on friday and want to buy a necklace from the vendors he is going to charge me the same price as you noway i pay $20 you pay $50 so my advise to you is look for the right local connection.Pretending that the world is such an honest and perfect place will get you nowhere.
You haggling the price down with a local vendor is no comparison to getting indefinate leave to stay in any country. There is hearsay and facts. what factual proof have you got to show the rules can be bent in this way. Immigration is tightening up all over the Caribbean due to the economic downturn, do you think your buddies in power will risk their jobs and maybe much more to bend the rules. I thought you have not lived in Barbados fo 10 years now. You may find some things have changed.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:04 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

To Sunniebge when i mention money am talking about you must have money to have a lawyer plus to prove you can provide for your self,and to your friends that have Bajan children and living here for more than 8 years show that they have probably flout the immigration laws before i find it very strange that they have bajan children what were they doing for over 8 years leaving Barbados every 6 months.
No.. both sets were/are here legally.. 1 couple, the husband worked, on a valid work permit.. lived here working for 8 years.. had 2 children.. they wanted to stay, make a home here.. applied for residency and didn't get it.. the next work permit was not obtained and they had to leave, which they did.. but their children are born Barbadian, which makes the children legally able to live here, but not the parents.

the 2nd couple have now been here about 15 years, maybe more.. he owns a business, brings in foreign exchange, employees bajans.. and yes has a work permit.. everything on the up and up.. have at least 1, if not both children, born in Barbados.. they have applied for permanent residency, which they can by law.. and been told.. nope.. try again later..

trust me.. I know what scams are in places with regards tourists. we go to one spot in Oistens.. know why.. because the owner and my husband and his brother grew up together... we get treated like everyone should be.. not a local vs tourist thing. I go to a kiosk for a coke and get told 4.00.. you are joking.. I've told that to their face.. I can walk across to the gas station and get one for 2.00.. maybe it's time tourist took those matters into their own hands and didn't come if that is the way they are going to be treated...
Old Nov 10th 2009, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bamiskados
I have to agree with the above, so maybe there is a reason why you get misunderstood all the time.
I also agree: very difficult to understand incomplete & run-on sentences with no punctuation. Unfortunately it means your point is lost as people can't follow it.

And with that, I'm removing myself from this thread as it brings memories of a troll we just got rid of not long ago.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

I agree Foxy Lady but before I go would like to point out to Neal that there are also white Bajans living on this Island... Not all the faces you see will be black (but I agree the majority are) and not all the white ones will be tourists...

I am fed up with this thread also now.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

sapphirerose127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Poor Brett, I think people have forgotten that you started this thread in order to get some help. I hope you find a way to realise your dream.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:36 pm
Banned

My advise to all is that all of us may not always agree with one another,your views may be base on your experience we all have different views and experiences,that does not give some of you the right to trow a tantrum and insults like little children and carry the thread in all directions.Although i realise some of you try to gang up on me,i find it strange that you are willing to live in Barbados and are complaining about my english and puntuations i reply mostly using my phone,just remember my views will always be base on facts and not hear say.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:28 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

My advise to all is that all of us may not always agree with one another,your views may be base on your experience we all have different views and experiences,that does not give some of you the right to trow a tantrum and insults like little children and carry the thread in all directions.Although i realise some of you try to gang up on me,i find it strange that you are willing to live in Barbados and are complaining about my english and puntuations i reply mostly using my phone,just remember my views will always be base on facts and not hear say.
Again.. what does me willing to live here (for almost 17 years married to a bajan, did I mention he is white) have to do with your inability to spell and punctuate using a cell phone. I don't think people are throwing tantrums at all, just explaining the truth and getting on with it.

Brett.. what it comes down to is you are young and unless you are skilled and have a ton of money or you want like to live on the edge of every day thinking you might get found out and deported NEVER to be allowed back into the island, even on holiday (that might be a little strong, but it could happen) , I would strongly encourage you to rethink your plans.

as has been suggested.
1. Maybe think about doing a degree at UWI (but don't just think you can head out here and get enrolled.. make sure you get all the correct info and get it done that way)
2. Get your degree in the UK and get some experience and life lessons out of the way before moving here.
3. Understand that how it has been for the last 15 or so years under one government administration is not how it is today. Coming here on a visitors visa is different from trying to get residency or citizenship. be on the up and up and don't try to bend the rules to suit you.

Dipty.. or Mitzy.. feel free to contact Brett .. and and I'd suggest we close this thread.. I'm pretty sure what's been said is enough and I'm sure he gets the picture.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice

Wise words, Sunny. I donĀ“t think it will get any better from here.

Brett, Good luck with whatever your futureplans will be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.