Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Moving to Barbados as a missionary

Moving to Barbados as a missionary

Old Aug 17th 2019, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Twill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Barbados as a missionary

Again, not a matter of legitimacy, just figured since I’m potentially years away from ever making it there, and I’m just information gathering...I don’t want to get to far ahead of myself.
Old Aug 17th 2019, 3:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Transparency not legitimacy.

Those willing to respond would prefer transparency of interest.

I was simply posting to state that such will be within the site rules.
Old Aug 17th 2019, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Twill is an unknown quantity at this point

ok. Got it
Old Aug 17th 2019, 12:00 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

I have contacted a friend who has advised of the following:

"Missionaries have to apply for work permits - though I am not sure what the requirements are. I know the ones at YWAM (Youth with a mission, which has had a base here for many many years) are sponsored by YWAM and get their permits annually if they live on base. Churches help apply for permits for Pastors coming for 3 months at a time, short visits. Not sure about missionaries coming in on their own"

so.. as said earlier. going directly and having a conversation with someone in immigration is where to start.. Just showing up on the island isn't going to cut it, and because you have asked the question in the first place means you wouldn't do it anyway. The other question is going to be about The Church it's self.... the organization and what it means as a "business" charity, etc.. and immigration should/would be able to steer you to the organization on the island who would handle that part as well.
Old Aug 17th 2019, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be happier to see missionaries from Barbados coming to preach in the US and UK. Any chance of that ?
Old Aug 21st 2019, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Happyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with not naming your organisation Twill , is that it could be construed as one of these crack pot money extracting sects, who try to brainwash people, especially young ones.

Now I'm sure that is far from the truth, but a little transparency on your part would go a long way.

God = Truth .