Moving in 10 days!

Old Sep 20th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

afish is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Moving in 10 days!

Originally Posted by Jane2009

PS. I don't troll on internet sites and make comments to upset people. I tell it like I see it. The internet is not a place for weak people, and it has no borders. People from all over the world see sites like this and can comment if they please. The only thing I am guilty of is political incorrectness, and that is not a crime. People who don't want others to respond negatively to them need to make sure their comments don't contain any information that can tick people off. How can you say you are moving to a foreign country and stress, with an exclamation point (!) mind you, that you only want to meet certain people (not the natives) and not expect a negative response? Please!!!
I think you need to be a little sensitive to the fact that you are commenting on a site called 'BritishExpats.com', doesn't that suggest something to you? That this site is for people that are moving away from home to a territory that they don't know as home. Maybe we want a little help from fellow countrymen that have gone through the same move.

That we seek friends from our own culture doesn't mean that we are excluding ourselves from the culture we are moving to. Quite the contrary. You really shouldn't jump to your own conclusions, slandering everyone with your own crazy assumptions!

Is this a problem with me wanting to make friends with other Brits, or is it because my baby's daddy is black and I'm white?
Old Sep 20th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ikon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving in 10 days!

Originally Posted by afish
Is this a problem with me wanting to make friends with other Brits, or is it because my baby's daddy is black and I'm white?
Maybe you hit the nail on the head there!

I think it may be best to ignore Jane from now on. She appears to thrive on the conflict, which (from my experiences) is the very opposite of why everyone else visits this site.