Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Making the move as easy as possible

Making the move as easy as possible

Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

CarlHnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Making the move as easy as possible

Hi all, we've been following this forum for months and it's made great and exciting reading. It finally looks like we're going to be making the move to Barbados at the beginning of next year, so we've finally got a reason to post

We're looking to possibly employ someone that can help us with all aspects of the move, choosing the right area to live in, organising school and childcare (we've got 3 children under 5), all the standard stuff. Does anyone here have any experience of this sort of thing as we've Googled this for ages and not really found anything useful.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:52 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making the move as easy as possible

who have you found, or what businesses have you found when you google this.

a couple of questions..
are you moving with a company?? Sometimes the company will assist with those things..

do you have work permits in process??

or are you just planning on moving here??

We can steer you in the right direction as we go along.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

We haven't found any companies really. There are lots of international firms that will move the contents of your house, pets etc. but none that I can find actually in Barbados. I'm thinking that someone in Barbados will have the local knowledge that will save me having to do tons of research about suitable schools, most suitable ares to live in. Everything really

Yes we're moving with my company, but we're a small band so it falls to me to do the organising.

Visas and work permits are being organised by a firm of lawyers in Bridgetown.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:44 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlHnz
We haven't found any companies really. There are lots of international firms that will move the contents of your house, pets etc. but none that I can find actually in Barbados. I'm thinking that someone in Barbados will have the local knowledge that will save me having to do tons of research about suitable schools, most suitable ares to live in. Everything really

Yes we're moving with my company, but we're a small band so it falls to me to do the organising.

Visas and work permits are being organised by a firm of lawyers in Bridgetown.
What I meant was there are a couple of relocation services , or used to be that did some of the leg work here for you. but.. maybe not anymore.

i'm sending you a private message if that is ok.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

That's great, thanks.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 12:45 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

The sort of service that you are considering is something that some friends and i considered setting up but havent yet done it - we even brought the english company name for it - its the type of service that a lot of us on this forum give for free but an actual "doing" service whilst still providing the general advice here as we do.

If any of the members located in Barbados on this forum would be interested in talking about this business venture then give me a shout and we can meet and discuss it - I have already done some ground work

Hope this is not against any forum rules cos as a moderator im suppose to know them lol
Old Sep 1st 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
The sort of service that you are considering is something that some friends and i considered setting up but havent yet done it - we even brought the english company name for it - its the type of service that a lot of us on this forum give for free but an actual "doing" service whilst still providing the general advice here as we do.

If any of the members located in Barbados on this forum would be interested in talking about this business venture then give me a shout and we can meet and discuss it - I have already done some ground work

Hope this is not against any forum rules cos as a moderator im suppose to know them lol
That's great, we could be your first customer Someone that can actually 'do' stuff for us is exactly what we want. As we're going to be moving with 3 kids, we're going to have our hands already full, so having someone there already with knowledge and contacts will be invaluable.