Lunch on the South Coast

Old Oct 9th 2009, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

sandgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lunch on the South Coast

Hi- I need some help in finding some nice LUNCH places on the South Coast to take my visitors to. I know of the usual Mama Mia, 39Steps,Carib Beach Bar, Opa, Surferbar anywere else I can take them to? - not to much $$ - can't really afford Champer's Lots of places are also closed -like Aqua, Coast, Simply Gigis,.... Anyone know of some hidden restaurants maybe also in Hotels? Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lunch on the South Coast

Aqua is now Tapas, and it is good. I'd say it's middle of the road price-wise. Call them to find out if they are open for lunch.

For a good but simple lunch, I also like Coffee Bean - it's at the Amaryllis Hotel.

And the meals at the Allamanda are very good.

Enjoy!
Foxy
Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

How about Carib or Southern Palms? Southern Palms is the pink hotel in the Gap, just past Divi. The tea shop, Novelteas, is also quite good and has really excellent prices and tea too.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Starlit Sands is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of alternative ways to dine at lunchtime with visitors...

A picnic lunch on Foul Bay (for example) and have the beach nearly all to yourselves! We did this last week with my aunt and my (84 yr old) nana who were visiting from the UK. They both LOVED it and said it was the most memorable lunch they had during their stay. We found plenty of trees to sit under for some lovely cool shade .

Cuz’s Snackette at Pebbles Beach (next door to the Cruising Club) has delicious fish cutters with all the trimmings for as little as $5BDS depending on what you have. Okay, there’s no seating provided, but you could easily take them down to the beach nearby with some fold-up chairs or a blanket to sit on and watch the world go by.

Surfers Cafe in Oistins does a good lunch menu and it’s pretty reasonably priced. Be sure to ask for a table by the window, overlooking the beach.

Berts?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:43 pm
Banned

neal brown is an unknown quantity at this point

I just eat at Jus Grillin, make sure you get some tatar sauce to go with what ever you order sorry but am addicted to their food.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:49 am
Just Joined

sandgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neal brown View Post
I just eat at Jus Grillin, make sure you get some tatar sauce to go with what ever you order sorry but am addicted to their food.
Thanks a million- some good ideas :-) - also the picnic sound like a good plan - I just don't trust my cooking- yep not even sandwiches and on top of that I probably will forget the wine opener as well :-(
Coffee bean- never thought about that it also serves lunch?
@ Neal Just Grillin has good food but unfortunately also "self-service" that would be me getting up each time for food for 6 people and drinks,...
Thanks again for your help,...
Old Oct 10th 2009, 10:11 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

on a Saturday, try The Green Snapper at the Worthing Court Hotel. I don't think they are open for lunch on weekdays, but do a nice dinner from probably about 6pm.. (can't remember.. aren't I just loads of help).. not extortionate prices..
Old Oct 10th 2009, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Coffee bean- never thought about that it also serves lunch?
Yes they do - with a pretty good menu, too. My favourite is the gourmet smoked salmon wrap
Old Oct 10th 2009, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

There is a deli near to The Crane hotel that can put together picnics for you...

http://www.cuttersbarbados.com/

S
Old Oct 11th 2009, 12:30 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi View Post
on a Saturday, try The Green Snapper at the Worthing Court Hotel. I don't think they are open for lunch on weekdays, but do a nice dinner from probably about 6pm.. (can't remember.. aren't I just loads of help).. not extortionate prices..
just an update.. I totally forgot.. they do open for lunch .. around noon till 230pm I think it is..