Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Looking to meet new people!!

Looking to meet new people!!

Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking to meet new people!!

Hey Bimchick,

I didn't get much response to the running club, but I would still do it. I was running regularly anyway, before my injury, and it's always fun to have some running pals. Walk 1, Run 1 is a great way to start! By the time I'm able to run again, I'll be doing walk 1, run 1 as well.

Swimming: people swim in Carlisle Bay near the Yacht Club every Saturday morning at 8am. Some go at 7am to get a double-swim in. I am thinking of joining them and might actually go this Saturday (with my flippers! I'm not that strong yet). They are very nice people and newcomers are welcomed. Also, most of them are also cyclists so they could tell you about any group rides they go on.

If you've got a bike, there is a bike shop that does organized rides. It's called M&M pro cycle, on the west coast (I think on Spring Garden Highway). I believe their next group ride is within the next couple of weeks. I am not yet sure when I'll be able to ride again. I'm going to give it a shot soon and see how the foot feels.

In the meantime, good luck with the Canadian paperwork for your husband. I hope it all goes well.

Foxy