Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Looking for advice about moving to Barbados

Looking for advice about moving to Barbados

Old Jan 5th 2015, 9:46 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for advice about moving to Barbados

Barbados is a very christian country and although I dont know I suspect that immigrations answer is well if you have not married you have no rights I suggest you go get married and yes they will be as blatant as that or even ask you why you never married point blank knowing that it is none of their business and they are going to deny you status anyhow.

Even those with married status get the run around so I would be suprised if no legal status got you anywhere but call the Barbados High Commission as you said and let us know because it is an interesting question..Dips
Old Jan 5th 2015, 4:34 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

oh.. Dipity.. I'm sorry there isn't a like button on this group.

what she said.. very bajan indeed... and most unfortunate.. but how it is..
Old Apr 20th 2015, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Pasty is an unknown quantity at this point

My sincere advice would be not to bother. Barbados is a very weird and difficult place to live with a deep social apartheid. The wages there are very low and job security is non existent. Unless you have ten million pounds or so in the bank I would stay in the UK and go there for holidays only. Tried it, got the T-shirt along with burnt fingers and financial loss. Much happier and wealthier now I am back in the UK.