Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Long Term Car Hire.... Cheap!!!!

Long Term Car Hire.... Cheap!!!!

Old Oct 12th 2009, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Cuchullain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long Term Car Hire.... Cheap!!!!

Hi all. I've been keeping an eye on this forum for quite some time and it is a good source of info. Well done to all involved.

Anyway, I'm an Irish man and I have been over and back to Barbados for the past 3 years. I've met a local girl and we have recently gotten engaged. So, I'm hoping to be around for a while to come!!

That's enough of my back story!! Don't want to bore y'all too much

So, I am looking for a car to hire, long term. The cheapest rates I can get are about 400 dollars per week. Which is just too much for me, considering I can't work. I was hoping somebody might know someone who is willing to rent their car for, say, 200 per week ( or less). It might be suitable for someone who is leaving the island for a period and leaving their car here.

The reason I want to rent instead of buy, is this..... I'm currently here on a visitors visa, until Christmas. Now, I know if I just go ahead and get married I can stay permanently, but I don't want to rush into it just for the sake of a visa (Don't get me wrong, I do want to marry her.... I just want the idea to settle in for a bit longer!!)...... So as a result of the visitors visa, I may have to leave the island again at christmas. So renting a car is the best option I think.

I'll stop typing now, coz I am rambling!! I guess that happens when your sitting around doin nothing all day.

Anyway, any info on cheap cars, let me know. Thanks!!!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:48 am
Just Joined

information required is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Long Term Car Hire.... Cheap!!!!

Hello
I know this is an old post but was wondering if you did get any information because I am looking for a rental car for the next few months and would appreciate any help.

Cheers