Living in Barbados

Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: Living in Barbados

It will be nice to bust out of here for bit! I guess those portions of our families gainfully employed in the hospitality industry will be quite busy over the Easter break...

Off to immigration tomorrow...I will try to remain calm and smile when they ask me ridiculous questions. I already filled out the form-- I have requested an indefinite extension through the end of time.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning everyone.

Can someone please tell me where the Aquatic Centre is in Christchurch. I would be coming from Oistins. I don't live on the island so don't know street names only buildings like TFI, Cable & Wireless etc.

Thanks

L
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:59 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

The Aquatic Centre is located at the sports complex just beside the Cable & Wireless (which by the way is now called LIME) building at Wildey. I'm not going to give directions at this point, because the roads are a little weird right now, soo.. let me know when you get here and we will get you there..
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Lindi, it is right between the Sagicor Tower and the C&W Cricket Field, so if you are heading North from Garfield Sobers Roundabout I think that you have to go up to Carter's and come back around through the BET Junction (at C&W) and then come down again.

The traffic pattern in that area is a little crazy right now.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, that's great. Won't be needing the info until next year anyway, hopefully the roads will be sorted by then.

L
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:58 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

OH Lindi.. I'm so sorry to dissappoint.. but you are taking waaaaayyyyy to much for granted if you are even hoping the roads will be done by the time you arrive. hehehe...

see ya soon...
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:03 am
Just Joined

jokilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Living in Barbados

Technically as a brit you can stay in Barbados for 6 months.However it all depends on who you get on the immigration desk when you land.They may well give you 28 days then make you go to Bridgetown to get an extension.I own a house over there and have been given as little as 9 days and 3 months another time.This is the same for many of my friends.Brits have more trouble than Canadians.If you are of retirement age it is certainly much easier.I dont mean to sound innapropriate but I think being black may help!! Hope this is useful
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm surprised no one got a chuckle off how bad the Wildey junction still is (or was when I was in Bim in January of this year)
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:18 am

it's actually been better recently.. the biggest problem now are the lane markings and they are a little confusing.. it's not done yet, but it is getting better. Up by Carters is still a bit confusing, but everything else seems to be going ok..