Living in Barbados

Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:00 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Barbados

Originally Posted by islandmom
If you want to get nasty please bring it on - you started it. I dont hide gossiping behind PM's ..... like being at school and telling tales, if you have something to say please share it with the group.

Caught out again islandmom ??
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:02 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

Caught out again islandmom ??
wow - you seem a little obsessed with me ..... you not stealing my knickers off my washing line as well are you? I've heard about barmy little saddos like you

you've actually clicked on my name and followed my posts - as said above, what a little sad man

get the teacher to help you read my previous post .... as you'll see Zanne was caught out making a statement in error as I have proved incorrect.

Last edited by username 34; Feb 18th 2008 at 11:11 am.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by zanne
You should just let people know that you don't "in fact" live here-- much of your posting implies otherwise.
seeing as I have stated many times I do not live in Barbados, but close to which everyone else has read, it would be nice to receive an apology for your error in accusing me of that above.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Originally Posted by islandmom
I know , naughty arent I

good thing is here we never see the hands
This is the post I was referring to-- your statement regarding the "burnt white" tourists is offensive and rude, so just forget about it, this is ridiculous.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:24 am

This is the post I was referring to-- your statement regarding the "burnt white" tourists is offensive and rude, so just forget about it, this is ridiculous.
offensive and rude - man you need to chill if you think thats offensive. I do believe they are burnt and white in the majority.

yeh we'll forget about it, I agree its ridiculous you took umbridge at what was a friendly post and made statements that were totally incorrect.

so lets leave it there shall we.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all from sunny UK (yes, it is very sunny today but bloody freezing)

Thanks to you all once again for your advice. I was wondering if we can get back on topic (pretty please)?

It was mentioned we could extend our visa for six months if we proved we had sufficient income to live on.

Does the money need to be in a bank in Barbados or in the UK? Or will it be sufficient to prove that we get paid irrespective of where we are in the world (we own our own businesses which can be run remotely)
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

I came to Barbados last June on a 3 month return ticket and my passport was stamped for that period as I went through the airport.

I then went to immigration to extend my visa and was given a further 2 months, I have since been back and was given a further 4 months.

I do live with a Bajan though and he attends immigration with me which, I imagine, makes life a little easier. Saying that tho when I got my 2 month extension I was 8 months pregnant with his child and that did not make a lot of difference, nor did it make much difference the next time I went with my 4 week old Bajan baby...

I think there is something in the "cashing in" theory as you pay $50 each time you go...

HTH

Sue
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

regarding the money I believe you need to show you have the funds/income, I do not believe it has to be in the bank here.

It would be best to get an attourney to represent you at immigration in this case. I know a family in a similar situation who were eventuslly granted a 12 month visa.

HTH again

S
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing your experience Sue. I reckon that answers all of my questions for now.

I've never had to think about immigration before. I now know what it feels like for all those people wanting to stay in the UK!

Take care :-)
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

hey shines, what happened with your return ticket? have you been changing your departure date with each extension?

chef said he saw you and the little one at the market...

take care.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey,

I did see chef!!! We must catch up soon, the weeks seem to fly by.

I extended my return half of the ticket and will be flying back to UK for a few weeks over Easter. I have bought a new return ticket for April and will extend that one for probably a year to go back next Easter... It works out OK as I have to go back once a year anyway and it is cheaper to buy the ticket from the UK to here instead of the other way round.

S
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shines--I called immigration today about my citizenship application, anyway I asked the clerk if there was anyway that my citizenship would be approved soonso that I wouldn't have to purchase a new return ticket-- and believe it or not he told me that since I am married to a Bajan, with a pending application for citizenship, I don't need a return ticket, this was news to me!I have asked so many times this very same question and was told that I absolutely needed a return ticket. I still have to go for another extension on Thursday morning.

Enjoy your trip over Easter...
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:13 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Zanne, Re the citizenship thing.. The law states that as a women married to a Barbadian Man you are entitled to Barbados Citizenship. A man married to a Barbadian Women is only allowed residency. I didn't actually move here until my citizenship came through, and then my job transfer (even longer story).

It is amazing what some people will tell you while others do not.. re the return tickets.. When you start having children (if you plan to) make sure they get Barbados ID Cards, even if you want them to have your citizenship rights as well. It helps with some medicines for children up to age 16 (I was told that by a Canadian.. no bajan doctor ever told me that).
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

My son has been a citizen since he was 1.5 years old...I have been dealing with the Immigration Department here for the last 2 years. I really don't believe this business about the ticket as the Consulate in New York which tends to provide reliable information-- stated that I had to have the ticket.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shines--I called immigration today about my citizenship application, anyway I asked the clerk if there was anyway that my citizenship would be approved soonso that I wouldn't have to purchase a new return ticket-- and believe it or not he told me that since I am married to a Bajan, with a pending application for citizenship, I don't need a return ticket, this was news to me!I have asked so many times this very same question and was told that I absolutely needed a return ticket. I still have to go for another extension on Thursday morning.

Enjoy your trip over Easter...
Thanks honey, looking forward to a bit off off Island time... Thanks for info, it all depends who you speak to as per usual...!

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.