Length of stay

Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Allig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Length of stay

Hi new on this forum so just need some advice. I have recently got my Bajan citizenship via descent and my husband and I are relocating at the end of April along with our 2 children. We have tickets for 6 months and have been advised for to get apply for Bajan citizenship via marriage for my husband over there. I'm wondering if we will be allowed to be in the country for this period of time even though we have means of supporting ourselves financially. I know I will be the one who can work till his citizenship come through. But concerned about the length of time we can stay as visitors. Some websites said 6 months hence why we have done this however looked on some others today and it says 3 months.

Hope the above makes sense and look forward to some much needed advise
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:38 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Length of stay

Originally Posted by Allig
Hi new on this forum so just need some advice. I have recently got my Bajan citizenship via descent and my husband and I are relocating at the end of April along with our 2 children. We have tickets for 6 months and have been advised for to get apply for Bajan citizenship via marriage for my husband over there. I'm wondering if we will be allowed to be in the country for this period of time even though we have means of supporting ourselves financially. I know I will be the one who can work till his citizenship come through. But concerned about the length of time we can stay as visitors. Some websites said 6 months hence why we have done this however looked on some others today and it says 3 months.

Hi Allig

Cant help with your info requirement but just wanted to welcome you to the forum - you will get lots of helpful info im sure and wont be long before your wealth of experience can be recycled for others !

Dipidy
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Allig

You have citizenship so can stay forever.

Once you get here apply for your husband and childrens citizenship right away (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ORIGINALS OF EVERYTHING AND COPIES TOO) and then when their stamp in the passport runs out (the one they get at the airport - usually 30 days) you go to immigration for an extension and show their receipt for application for citizenship (carry copies of all paperwork every timre you go to immigration!) and they should all be stamped for 6 months - 1 year.

The citizenship will take minimum of one year if you have been married a while but could take up to 3 or more years....

HTH!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I have in the back of my mind that there may be some issues with your husband proving that he has the funds available, ie. on hand, to support himself notwithstanding your citizenship.

Our situation was the inverse, because I, the woman, was applying with a Barbadian husband there was no concern over my support the year that I was here waiting.

The other way around I am not so certain...I guess the presumption is that (hehehe) men always support the women. I would investigate this a bit further to be on the safe side.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:43 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

also, your husband would not be allowed to apply for citizenship, only residency.. I'm guessing your children would be able to apply for citizenship, but not 100pct about that.

and I agree with Zanne about that double standard thing.. Man supports the women, but not the women supporting the man. make sure you have all that checked out.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Allig is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for welcoming me and giving me the advise.

Never thought fact that I would be the one with the job would be a problem. Only because we were under impression that he would not be able to get a work permit only if he could fill a post that a Bajan could not. Anyway we can show statements that he can support himself whilst over here. We have been married 11 years. I will remeber to take copies of everything and make sure I have originals. Once again thank you. Allig