Learning to Sail

Old Jul 24th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

cartoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Learning to Sail

OK, I must be the only person in the Caribbean that has hired a yacht to sail off the west coast of Scotland in May. (Not my choice)

Anyway, before I get on that yacht I want to make sure we have some understanding of what we are doing.

So does anyone know where/who can give me some lessons? I know there is the yacht club as an obvious choice but I don't know any members there.

I'm a complete beginner, though my other half has some experience, though listening to the stories of previous trips it doesn't fill me with confidence.
Thanks
Derek
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:18 am
Just Joined

sandgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Learning to Sail

Originally Posted by cartoon View Post
OK, I must be the only person in the Caribbean that has hired a yacht to sail off the west coast of Scotland in May. (Not my choice)

Anyway, before I get on that yacht I want to make sure we have some understanding of what we are doing.

So does anyone know where/who can give me some lessons? I know there is the yacht club as an obvious choice but I don't know any members there.

I'm a complete beginner, though my other half has some experience, though listening to the stories of previous trips it doesn't fill me with confidence.
Thanks
Derek
Hi Derek
try to go to the site sailbarbados.com ->then click training -> learn to sail - and see if that is of any help to you or contact them.
Sandgirl
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

cartoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Learning to Sail

Thanks, that's a great help.

Derek

Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Hi Derek
try to go to the site sailbarbados.com ->then click training -> learn to sail - and see if that is of any help to you or contact them.
Sandgirl