Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Latest Immigration feedback

Latest Immigration feedback

Old May 31st 2011, 4:39 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest Immigration feedback

Hi all just wanted to pop a note on here updating feedback on immigration situations I am hearing about.

I am hearing non stop stories of people being refused visitors extensions being told to go home immediately and then being told to stay off for a year.

It seems that this is targeted at people with 6 months tickets so be aware that you are risking asking for that long and could be "kicked off" the island for a year with no return in that period. We recently had a young lady who posted on this site about it but im hearing more and more stories - interestingly this seems to be affecting british visitors more than canadians so would be interested if any canadians are gettng this issue.

I also recently heard of UK border tightening up their control re bajan entry so this might be a reciprocal response - just wanted to warn you if your used to coming to Barbados for 6 months with no issues (even if you own a property) then dont be blase about things as they are changing.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

MISSYBDS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Latest Immigration feedback

Hello.
I am constantly hearing different stories about this situation.
I have a friend who recently stayed for 3months without stepping foot near immigration - he just put 2 weeks on his ticket and stayed 3 months!
He left around 3weeks ago without any trouble and is planning to go back within the next couple of days but is now scared they will stop him at the airport for overstaying last time!
What is the liklihood of this?
How efficient are airport customs with knowing who stayed when and suchlike?
Any feedback will be interesting.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 4:01 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest Immigration feedback

yea this is a question i am asking cos immigration seem to be targetting the wrong people it seems as long as ya dont go near immigration you get thru just fine overstay or not - not a subject that can be openly discussed on here tho with the nature of it

He should be worried tho cos if you overstay in any country then its possible deportation - problem is they are the people that are gettting thru just fine!