Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Just wanted to say hello, will be there next month

Just wanted to say hello, will be there next month

Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

JonathanDavey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just wanted to say hello, will be there next month

Just saying hello to everyone. I expect to move in the next 4-6 weeks.

RE: Housing
Hoping to find a room for a month or so. That way I can check out the Island a bit before landing in the wrong area. If you know of any rooms available, please feel free to contact me.

RE: Social,
I'm not a snobor anything like that, but I guess I would prefer to associate with more of an educated, middle to upper class people. What's the deal with socializing?

RE: Work
I plan on forming an entity for purchasing, developing and selling or leasing real estate. I expect to draw capital from US investors. If you think there may be anyone I should speak with, please feel free to contact me.

RE: Health clubs
For better or worse, I'm a bit of an exercise junkie. I also prefer fitness centers with abundant free weight areas (the more the better)....any suggestions?
Other than that: Hope to share a cocktail with you!!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just wanted to say hello, will be there next month

Hi,

I will move there soon too, and will be there from September to December.
If you want to, drop me a line, maybe we can sip some rum n coke together once Maybe I can introduce you to a friend of mine, he is very much into cultural life in Barbados and a great discussion partner.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Elizabeth.Marley is an unknown quantity at this point

Jonathan,

Welcome, i too am a new member when are you going to Barbados? i'm there at christmas, let me know how it's going.

Take Care

Elizabeth
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

amber221 is an unknown quantity at this point

just thought i'd say hi, i fly out next week. Im going to be around till xmas and then depending of the work situation hopefully going back after the xmas period. Im very keen in to my fitness and will be looking for a gym also, so i'll let you know what i find out and where is good. Until i get gym sorted i'll be running early morning before it gets too hot. hopefully c u in Barbados
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

mizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amber221
Until i get gym sorted i'll be running early morning before it gets too hot. hopefully c u in Barbados
hi

i can never get up early enough to beat the morning heat. so i run just before the sun goes down-love it. nothing beats running in barbados..........seem to run so much faster!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point

RE: Health clubs
For better or worse, I'm a bit of an exercise junkie. I also prefer fitness centers with abundant free weight areas (the more the better)....any suggestions?
Other than that: Hope to share a cocktail with you!![/QUOTE]

Try Surfside Gym http://www.surfsidewellness.com/ , they are really nice people there, helpful, ethusiastic and good selection of equipment.

RS
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Wish I was closer to use that gym, must find one nearer here at some point.

I will be going back to running and yoga on alternate days once the baby is born. I used to be a fitness instructor/personal trainer back in the UK so hope to pick that up again here some time in the future...

S x