Just saying hi

Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:29 am
Just Joined

kimar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just saying hi

Hi everyone i have been looking at this forum for quite a few months now and i feel that its time that me and my partner joined in the fun. Like a lot of you we know Barbados very well and been visiting for the past twelve years, at least twice a year. We too are making the move to the beautiful island. we will be moving out there on the 8th September and staying in Hastings. We are in the fortunate position of having our house built on the beautiful south coast and also building one to sell. Listening to you all giving advice and guidance is quite refreshing in this day and age and if there is anything that myself or partner can contribute feel free to ask. And as the old saying goes its not what you know its who you know.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just saying hi

Hi and welcome here! Wow, sounds great, building your own house, you must be so happy! You are going on the 8th, WE too, with Virgin? So probably we will sit in the same plane? Would be nice to meet you for a Mon´Gay
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:48 am
Just Joined

13579 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Kimar,

That sounds great. Looks like we will be neighbours. We live somewhere in between Hastings and Rockley. I haven't quite figured out whether we are more Hastings or Rockley. But Rockley Beach near Accra Hotel is our nearest beach.

Good luck with the move into the new house.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Belinda1974
Hi and welcome here! Wow, sounds great, building your own house, you must be so happy! You are going on the 8th, WE too, with Virgin? So probably we will sit in the same plane? Would be nice to meet you for a Mon´Gay
Thank you for your warm welcome we will be flying from Manchester via London with BMI we will get a much more significant baggage allowance with them and we would love to meet up for a drink when we arrive in Barbados. Yes we are very happy about the move but also we are very nervous its a big step for anyone to take but i am sure we will cope (ha ha).
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 13579
Hello Kimar,

That sounds great. Looks like we will be neighbours. We live somewhere in between Hastings and Rockley. I haven't quite figured out whether we are more Hastings or Rockley. But Rockley Beach near Accra Hotel is our nearest beach.

Good luck with the move into the new house.
Thank you for your kind words and we will be neighbours we will be renting at first just up from bubbas, near are friends bar called Shakers. Hope to see you in there.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kimar
Thank you for your warm welcome we will be flying from Manchester via London with BMI we will get a much more significant baggage allowance with them and we would love to meet up for a drink when we arrive in Barbados. Yes we are very happy about the move but also we are very nervous its a big step for anyone to take but i am sure we will cope (ha ha).
Ah ok, I thought about flying with BMI very often, but always got better price with Virgin. What I am wondering - what are your baggage allowances with BMI? I have 2 pieces with 23kilos each, and comparing to Condor (german charter - they only allow 1 piece with 20 kilos!!!!!!!) this is very much...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Ah ok, I thought about flying with BMI very often, but always got better price with Virgin. What I am wondering - what are your baggage allowances with BMI? I have 2 pieces with 23kilos each, and comparing to Condor (german charter - they only allow 1 piece with 20 kilos!!!!!!!) this is very much...
The baggage allowances are excellent you get 2 pieces at 32kilos each
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Wow, 32 kg each, this is good. Are u flying premium or business or is this the usual economy allowance??
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Just saying hi

Wow, 32 kg each, this is good. Are u flying premium or business or is this the usual economy allowance??
This is normal economy allowance 64 kilos each person.