Job help

Old May 26th 2007, 11:45 am
Just Joined

ail38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job help

Hi everyone

Can you please tell me if I am wasting my time but my hope/dream is to move to Barbados but I understand that you need to have a work permit provided through an employer or you need to be married to a Bajan.

My background is that I am a single, 41yr old professional Personal Assistant with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I have a great CV and have worked for some major UK companies.

Do you think it would be possible for me to find such an opportunity in Barbados? Do those type of jobs become available often and do you know if companies would consider employment someone from the UK. I am sure Barbados has many of its own wonderful PA's. I guess I am wondering if I am wasting my time by even trying this route?

Any help and information/contacts you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Also, anyone moving a company out to Barbados from the UK or anywhere who is looking for a great PA, look no further!! CV can be supplied on request.

Thanks everyone.

Ali
Old May 29th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of
Default Re: Job help

Originally Posted by ail38
Hi everyone

Can you please tell me if I am wasting my time but my hope/dream is to move to Barbados but I understand that you need to have a work permit provided through an employer or you need to be married to a Bajan.

My background is that I am a single, 41yr old professional Personal Assistant with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I have a great CV and have worked for some major UK companies.

Do you think it would be possible for me to find such an opportunity in Barbados? Do those type of jobs become available often and do you know if companies would consider employment someone from the UK. I am sure Barbados has many of its own wonderful PA's. I guess I am wondering if I am wasting my time by even trying this route?

Any help and information/contacts you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Also, anyone moving a company out to Barbados from the UK or anywhere who is looking for a great PA, look no further!! CV can be supplied on request.

Thanks everyone.

Ali
It's going to be hard, mate But we might need you, can't say a lot about the business yet, but might get back to you.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Hey!

Thank you for the reply. I am all ears! Would you like a copy of my CV?

Regards.

Alisn
Old May 30th 2007, 9:55 am
Just Joined

CarolIngram is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I am in a similar situation and looking to move out to Barbados full time. I have worked in sales (promotional merchandise - putting logos on things / corporate gifts) etc for 5 years and wondered if there was anything like that available in Barbados or.... is that wishful thinking?

I have a fantastic track record in sales so ideally would like to work in the same line. Also worked in marketing / design agency for 4 years so I've a creative side to add.

I'm 35 and currently on a decent salary and lifestyle but appreciate this will probably alter somewhat as my expectations of salary would probably not be as high as here. I'm bargaining on the quality of life to far exceed to make up for this though!

Would be great to hear from anyone who has any contacts that may be interested in discussing my options further.... ??

Cheers!

Carol
Old May 30th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by trutje
It's going to be hard, mate But we might need you, can't say a lot about the business yet, but might get back to you.
Hiya,

Bear me in mind in the future too, I'll be looking to get back into work sometime in 2008/9 and have IT/Admin/Sales/Management experience

Who knows...

Sue
Old May 30th 2007, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi!

Did you send me a private message. The administrator doesn't let you read them unless you have more than three posts! If you did, could you please forward it to [email protected]

Many thanks!

Alison

Old May 31st 2007, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Hi!

Did you send me a private message. The administrator doesn't let you read them unless you have more than three posts! If you did, could you please forward it to [email protected]

Many thanks!

Alison
Yes,I did To ask you to send your cv to my email.
[email protected]

Thanks in advance,Cathy
Old May 31st 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shines
Hiya,

Bear me in mind in the future too, I'll be looking to get back into work sometime in 2008/9 and have IT/Admin/Sales/Management experience

Who knows...

Sue
,the thing with BB is that as an expat you need at least 4 locals to work for you. But when everything goes to plan we're thinking about expanding to other islands., but that would be years from now.
I'll keep you in mind though
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:00 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

as I say to most people who can get into the market .... look for hospitality hotel/resort jobs.

PA's and sales are needed in resorts, resort chains often employ expat staff and therefore your work visa is based on your recruitment.

obviously they need to make sure there is no suitable candidate on BB but I know of a hundred or so expats working in BB hotels/resorts
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by islandmom
as I say to most people who can get into the market .... look for hospitality hotel/resort jobs.

PA's and sales are needed in resorts, resort chains often employ expat staff and therefore your work visa is based on your recruitment.

obviously they need to make sure there is no suitable candidate on BB but I know of a hundred or so expats working in BB hotels/resorts
Hi there and thank you for your message. Very useful information. Can you please do me a favour? Next time you bump into one of these people, can you please ask how they went about their job search. Did they do it from the UK or did they take chance of finding something once on BB? Any info you can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Ali
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:49 pm

Hi there and thank you for your message. Very useful information. Can you please do me a favour? Next time you bump into one of these people, can you please ask how they went about their job search. Did they do it from the UK or did they take chance of finding something once on BB? Any info you can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Ali
well most if not all did it on the internet - theres literally hundreds of hospitality recruitment sites ... catererglobal, hospitalitysearch etc etc

just type in hospitality hotel resort recruitment and you'll hit them all
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by islandmom
well most if not all did it on the internet - theres literally hundreds of hospitality recruitment sites ... catererglobal, hospitalitysearch etc etc

just type in hospitality hotel resort recruitment and you'll hit them all
Thank you so much, I'll get searching....!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by CarolIngram
Hi there

I am in a similar situation and looking to move out to Barbados full time. I have worked in sales (promotional merchandise - putting logos on things / corporate gifts) etc for 5 years and wondered if there was anything like that available in Barbados or.... is that wishful thinking?

I have a fantastic track record in sales so ideally would like to work in the same line. Also worked in marketing / design agency for 4 years so I've a creative side to add.

I'm 35 and currently on a decent salary and lifestyle but appreciate this will probably alter somewhat as my expectations of salary would probably not be as high as here. I'm bargaining on the quality of life to far exceed to make up for this though!

Would be great to hear from anyone who has any contacts that may be interested in discussing my options further.... ??

Cheers!

Carol

give me your email address - we're looking for Retail Manager over here (the Grenadines)
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, just checking you got my CV OK?

Ali
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there, just checking you got my CV OK?

Ali
Sorry for my late reply. Yes, I did get it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.