jet skis

Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Bajan Police is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: jet skis

I am waiting for Kingfish answer - what kinda joint is this guy tinking of runnin? He betta do is sums and come up wit sum answers as I tink he is gonna be up sh** creek bout a paddle.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:32 pm
Banned

neal brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Kingfish we are all waiting for your answer kindly share your knowledge with us tell us which craft are best for the business and whyare you now trying to google an answer since you have a profitable jetski business in Tobago please share you knowledge we are all waitingback up your talk and dont run away.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ikon is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I think all businesses aimed at the tourist market are pretty competitive, but that doesn't mean new people can't make a success of it. Kingfish said they'd done their "homework", but I doubt that means he/she is about to share their business plan on here with us.......... lol
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:58 pm
Banned

Ikon you misunderstand my question to kingfish, i said that i have bought 2 brand new VX110 waverunner /jetski,kingfish said that these craft is totally unsuitable for the business.So i am asking which craft is suitable i dont want to hear any business plan because what i forgot about jetskis kingfish will now have to learn,thats why he/she cant come up with an answer to my question kingfish is all lost for words,when Bajanpolice talk about the jetski i give an honest answer,kingfish on the other hand say he/she has a profitable jetski business in Tobago but cannot say which is the best Jetski to use sounds like JOKA SMOKA.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Ikon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neal brown
Ikon you misunderstand my question to kingfish, i said that i have bought 2 brand new VX110 waverunner /jetski,kingfish said that these craft is totally unsuitable for the business.So i am asking which craft is suitable i dont want to hear any business plan because what i forgot about jetskis kingfish will now have to learn,thats why he/she cant come up with an answer to my question kingfish is all lost for words,when Bajanpolice talk about the jetski i give an honest answer,kingfish on the other hand say he/she has a profitable jetski business in Tobago but cannot say which is the best Jetski to use sounds like JOKA SMOKA.
Hmmm..... I don't know much about jet skis, so I'll take your word for that.

I'll just say good luck to Bajanpolice and Kingfish. Speaking as someone who makes a living from investing in new businesses, I admire anyone who is getting out there and trying, and hope it works out for both of them!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:18 am
Just Joined

tfinteriors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bajan Police
My brother is thinking of joining me on the island, I think there are too many jet ski operators on the west coast - is there sufficient trade around Mullins for him to set up a business ?
Dear Bajan Police,

I am not sure if you have a license to own a jet ski in Bim as of yet, but there are none left to purchase from the govt. This is not the same as having a boating license.
We own a jet ski for personal use only and purchased ours from someone privately that no longer wanted theirs. There is a limit on how many can operate in Bim, whether for private use or financial gain. I thought you may find this helpful in your decision to go ahead because you may be stuck trying to bring one (or more) in.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:49 am
Banned

you dont need a license to own a jetski it is true the government has a limit.
Here is a list of what you need,if you want a brand new jetski import.
1) an import license,(which is not needed because you can just pay a person to bring the jetski into barbados that has one.
2) Registration numbers,(you can purchace these numbers from any boat owner that does not want them anymore ,these must be hire numbers (H) or (P) private.can cost you minimun $5000 for hire numbers renewable yearly $200
3)Insurance $4000-$5500 yearly
4)Barbados boat license.Which have to be taken at the coast guard
5) Boat safety document $100 yearly.

You can buy a second hand jetski which must come with registration numbers by law any person selling a second hand jetski must turn the numbers over to the new owner.
So if a new commer wants to get into the business to hire jetski to tourist he must have the above.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:57 am
Just Joined

tfinteriors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neal brown
you dont need a license to own a jetski it is true the government has a limit.
Here is a list of what you need,if you want a brand new jetski import.
1) an import license,(which is not needed because you can just pay a person to bring the jetski into barbados that has one.
2) Registration numbers,(you can purchace these numbers from any boat owner that does not want them anymore ,these must be hire numbers (H) or (P) private.can cost you minimun $5000 for hire numbers renewable yearly $200
3)Insurance $4000-$5500 yearly
4)Barbados boat license.Which have to be taken at the coast guard
5) Boat safety document $100 yearly.

You can buy a second hand jetski which must come with registration numbers by law any person selling a second hand jetski must turn the numbers over to the new owner.
So if a new commer wants to get into the business to hire jetski to tourist he must have the above.
Thanks for clarifying my comment Neal, I guess at writing at 1 am I should have written registration number for the jet ski rather than a license for it. #2 must be for jet ski not any boat owner. Obviously if buying second hand this shouldn't be a concern as Neal has indicated, but it definitely is not as easy to come by when bringing in a new one.
Hope this helps and good luck Bajan Police!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can speak about this from my own CURRENT experience. My husband has been working jet skis from Almond Beach Village for over 6 years now. A few years ago he would make at least $300.00 a day during busy time and maybe about $100.00 during off times like Sept. Xmas, he would be surprised if he didnt make $1000.00 a day. NOW, things are very different. He owns 2 jet skis but is only working one as to pay out the insurance for both of his jet skis (approx $4000 each 3rd party) would swallow all the money he is making. Sometimes, even in the summer, not just the off season, he would only be making about $150.00 a day. Take out for gas and insurance and he is lucky if he has $70 left. It is so bad, that one week last month, one friend of ours didnt even make $100.00.

Yes, St Peters Bay will have rich people staying there, but like Port St Charles, they may not be the type of people who want to ride jet skis. A family with a small income are more likely to ride jet skis than a rich 70 year old (not suggesting that St Peters Bay will have elderly people staying there, but it is the type of person, not just the wealth of them that you need to think about). Almond Beach Village is a family hotel with lots of kids during the school holidays. If the guys working these type of beaches arent making enough, I bet you that the beaches that wont have a lot of kids on will be even less likely to succed. I am not trying to scare you off, but I really think you would be making a lot less money than you would think.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

BTW, my husband and most of the beach guys I can think of along the west coast have VX110 jet skis 1100 engines I think. Someone in our gap has just bought the 2009 model in silver - beautiful!!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bajan Police
My brother is thinking of joining me on the island, I think there are too many jet ski operators on the west coast - is there sufficient trade around Mullins for him to set up a business ?
Bajan Police - I have PM you.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:35 pm
Banned

It would of been nice for you to invest in the jetskis,since chrismas is our busy time,you would of make millions with the sea rough over the christmas holiday and bad weather crippling europe.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

But the seas were terrible over Xmas and people were advised on tot get in the water. Sending out a jetski might have ended up in a liability.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Bajan Police is an unknown quantity at this point

The jet skis didnt go out most of the time when they did people were getting thrown off - many got injured on the rocks etc - not good advice Neal
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:25 am
Banned

Seems you did not understand what i said,i am trying to tell you its a waste of time even in our busy christmas season you would not had made any profit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.