Jamaican jerk chicken

Old Oct 17th 2013, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

CARAPIL1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jamaican jerk chicken

Hi,

Is there anywhere in Barbados that sells the original Jamaican jerk chicken using the jerk pan with coals?

Please let me know as I can find none that has that original taste.

Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2013, 2:52 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamaican jerk chicken

I think most of the Jerk sauce, seasoning used in Barbados.. when they call it Jerk.. is Jamaican.. Can't call one specific place that would do it over coals.. but... Jerk is the seasoning.. not the pan....
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 1:41 am
Just Joined

roses31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi CARAPIL1,
I have been trying to find the same thing here with no luck so far, so
If you do find a place that does it please please let me know.
The jerk sauces that they sell in the shops are no good, jerk without a jerk pan IS NOT authentic jerk chicken. Does not taste the same at all...
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 11:44 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

what is your definition of a jerk pan.. cast iron maybe?? just asking.. never heard of it.. or are you referring to a steel drum pan?? they don't make them here.. soo.. but most of the jerk seasoning that I've seen in Barbados comes from Jamaica.. soo..

but since this isn't Jamaica.. you may not find it in Barbados..
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

birthdaygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Jerk chicken is not just the seasoning but also the method in which it is made. I have been in Barbados for 4 years and to date I have not come across any establishment that cooks jerk chicken or pork in a pan.

Unfortunately, you will have to await your next trip to Jamaican like myself. Just the thought has my mouth watering.