Items stolen when shipping

Old Nov 22nd 2015, 10:01 am
Just Joined

BlessedJudgedbyGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Items stolen when shipping

Hi All -

I'm a newbie. I am living in the UK, but my Mum recently moved back to Bdos. We shipped our things through Ram, who are very good, and use a guy to deliver the things to us. Usually we ship in the odd barrel, but in this instance we sent down two crate loads full of boxes, plus appliances etc (you know how it is).

Every box was opened and various things were stolen (eg: shoes, glasses, toiletries etc).

Mum is very shaken up, and I am here in the UK.

What can I do?
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 5:53 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Items stolen when shipping

Complain to ram shipping and claim on your shipping insurance. Photograph the boxes before opening imho is a good idea. Did she use an agent in barbados? Were they present when the crates were opened? If it appears to have gone missing in the uk tell the police and get a crime no, if in barbados get the police involved there.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 11:36 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

completely agree.. don't waste another moment.. contact the shipping company and find out who they used as the local agent.. get a claim filed.. sooner rather than later..
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

Report the theft to the police. They probably won't take any action, but you'll probably need a report number to support a claim. Notify RAM, they contracted to deliver the goods and failed to do so. It's their responsibility to follow up. Advise any insurers promptly, you may jeopardise the claim if you leave it too long.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

slainteva is an unknown quantity at this point

This just happened to some friends.

They shipped several crates of possessions etc from Canada to Barbados.
One of the crates 'disappeared' while in customs in Bridgetown (for approx 1 month!!!), before it got to the receiving agent.
Apparently it is increasingly common for random containers to 'disappear' - thieves hope to get lucky with the contents.

File a claim with your shipper - it is what insurance is for.
If insurance rates start to climb, you will know why.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 10:22 am

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know, i have had several huge packing cases delivered, by ram shipping, to grenada over the holiday, everything arrived correctly, and completely undamaged which impressed me, as i mis? packed the crystal etc... Excellent service.

I have however heard that there is a problem in Barbados from other sources,
Old Jan 15th 2016, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Bentham is an unknown quantity at this point

I also used RAM for London-Barbados shipping of three palettes. Everything was there, nothing damaged, may be just some boxes. Sorry for what happened to you. I used an agent, but the agent did not go with me to the customs.
Old Jan 15th 2016, 4:55 pm

The port un Gda is such a traumatic experience that i never go there, my agent does it all. He did once say to me that once a container is open, the agents always get their goods out of the port same day to avoid 'rat damage and loss' which i believe had nothng to do with rodents...