Interview questions.

Old Sep 30th 2009, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interview questions.

For the visitor's extension photos, you can not have bare shoulders showing.

A friend of mine had to go to Immigration to pick up her passport and was wearing a sleeveless top, and they told her to go home and put a jacket or sweater on. No word of a lie.

Better to be on the safe side and just cover up, even if just for the time that you're in the office or for your pictures.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 1:22 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

oh I know.. I have a friend (british) who lived here for about 9 years.. said she was in immigration one day.. nice outfit nothing form fitting etc but sleeveless. She was told to go to the shop across the street and buy a wrap. The only problem was, there was another lady there with incredibly tight close.. things hanging out where they should, but she had on a top with sleeves, and no one said anything..
Old Sep 30th 2009, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Crazy... sleeves trump all, I guess!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:08 am
Just Joined

tfinteriors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Out of interest Lettie how long did it take for you to get his appt?

I cant help you with your answer but i know a friend who said that they separated her and her husband and asked them really basic stuff like names of brothers and sisters etc

Im sure others will let you know soon their experience
Serendipity,
I know this is really late to reply on this as Lettie has probably had her interview already, however I wanted to let you know that both myself and neighbor waited a long time. I waited almost 3 years and I know she waited an unreasonable amount of time (especially considering she has been married for over 10 years at that point of application).
Our questions were much like the others with when and how did you meet. But the best was when they asked our daughter's birthday (who was in my arms as a baby at the time) and when I told the immigration officer he laughed because my husband got it wrong. These interviews are not to be stressed, just to be honest as they can read through someone who looks like they are preparing or faking it. He replied with something like I'm glad I'm not the only guy that messes those things up. He also did say that he couldn't believe someone could make up the way we met. No question of toothbrush, but morning routine was asked. If I recall correctly it was something like does your spouse drink coffee or tea on a morning?
Hope this helps for your future questions.