Interview questions.

Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:08 am
Just Joined

lettiesmall1957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview questions.

I have just been advised that we ( my husband and I) should attend an interview in connection with my citizenship application thru marriage, does anyone know what kind of questions are usually asked or it all depends according to the individuals. Just curious. Has anybody been called for interview, just wondering.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:45 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview questions.

Out of interest Lettie how long did it take for you to get his appt?

I cant help you with your answer but i know a friend who said that they separated her and her husband and asked them really basic stuff like names of brothers and sisters etc

Im sure others will let you know soon their experience
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Lettie, they asked really very little-- the classic question though was, "How did the marriage come to pass?" You get the idea-- don't stress it. Our interview was in October and I got my citizenship at the end of May the following year. Also be prepared-- the interview, at the time, was the first time that they reviewed the supporting documentation --since it had been submitted the year before-- so if they find things that they won't accept, ie the form of your marriage certificate, they will ask you to resubmit then.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

grassisgreener is an unknown quantity at this point

We were separated and were both asked the same questions - where, when and how did you two meet? What does the other do for a living? Age? Pretty simple questions, it's not too stressful - they just want to make sure you are really married. Hope it goes well!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Out of interest Lettie how long did it take for you to get his appt?

I cant help you with your answer but i know a friend who said that they separated her and her husband and asked them really basic stuff like names of brothers and sisters etc

Im sure others will let you know soon their experience
It has taken one full year since we applied in UK. The high commissioner had told us it would take six months for the citizenship to be out but when we came here we were told three years. But because we have been married for more than the three years, they said our married years are enough for them to start some action but the interview is in October.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:20 am
Just Joined

thank you, zanne and grassgreener.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:01 am
Just Joined

sapphirerose127 is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my questions was what colour toothbrushes we used, and then they cross referenced this with my Husbands answer. My application took two and a half years. The photograph that you submit must be exactly as asked, ie: ears showing and no armpits or uncovered shoulders!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

It seems a bit 'over the top' to ask you what colour your toothbrushes were I know for a fact if they had asked us that one, I wouldn't have remembered. The only thing they asked us was 'how long have you been married?' and why did my daughter and I want citizenship after all this time (20 years).

Mind you, our interview was held in London, don't know if that makes a difference.

L
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lindi2
Hi everybody,

It seems a bit 'over the top' to ask you what colour your toothbrushes were I know for a fact if they had asked us that one, I wouldn't have remembered. The only thing they asked us was 'how long have you been married?' and why did my daughter and I want citizenship after all this time (20 years).

Mind you, our interview was held in London, don't know if that makes a difference.

L
We were also interviewed in London, but in Barbados they have said I should also be interviewed in Barbados as my husband is a returning resident. And I have been advised it is the number of the couple's married years which now determine the length of the application , as well as how busy they are . For example, if a couple has been married for more than three years at the time they put in their application, the waiting period is shorter, and also have been told that these days they are very busy doing interviews.Infact the ladies I spoke to were very nice to me.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sapphirerose127
One of my questions was what colour toothbrushes we used, and then they cross referenced this with my Husbands answer. My application took two and a half years. The photograph that you submit must be exactly as asked, ie: ears showing and no armpits or uncovered shoulders!
Wow, what a question!, well in UK they do ask such questions. In UK , they asked me what colour does my husband like? I appreciate your contribution on this, at least I will be aware of these things.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lettiesmall1957
Wow, what a question!, well in UK they do ask such questions. In UK , they asked me what colour does my husband like? I appreciate your contribution on this, at least I will be aware of these things.
Glad to be of some help (hopefully). By the way, my interview was in Barbados and we had been married for three years at the time.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:12 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sapphirerose127
Armpits lol????? how you get fotos of them unless ya doing the mexican wave in the photo booth?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Armpits lol????? how you get fotos of them unless ya doing the mexican wave in the photo booth?
I mentioned this as my daughter, who is 4 years old, application was held up because immigration refused the photo submitted, as the top she had on at the time allowed her armpits to be seen in the photograph. For female adults you are not supposed to take the photograph with any shoulder strap type clothes, ie: your shoulders will need to be covered.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

grassisgreener is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, as a muslim country I really see the need to have your arms covered up!!!! Please read previous sentence the the sarcastic tone intended!

It drives me mad that this stupid policy exists in government buildings and for photographs for government documentation. I understand the need for a passport, just in case you travel to a muslim country and you are not let in, but seriously what does it matter for an immigration application?

OK, steam let off for today (someone just cut me up at a roundabout, grrrrr)
Old Sep 29th 2009, 11:05 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

I went to have photo's taken for my middle daughters passport pictures (US passport). She went in a tank top and the photographer said to me, she can't wear that, she has to have her shoulders covered.. I said.. no I don't think so.. There are very specific instructions for US Green Card photo's.. part of the ear showing, not full front face, etc.. But i"ve never read or heard of regulations for Passport pictures (and trust me, I've read it several times.. and had to have the photo's done several times for myself and my 3 children) .. I immediately called the US Citizen Services agent at the US Embassy who said.. nope.. she is ok.. so I had the picture taken.. Went to the Consulate.. put the Passport Application in.. and no worries with the picture.. got the passport in the required time and done.

I live in Barbados, which is not a Muslim country, so I'm not sure what it matters if armpits are showing. Maybe I live in a modest country where people think women need to be more covered than not, which is very contradictory to the way people act (and then blame it on the culture).

I've even walked around the Central Police station without a thought to what I had on, and then read their list of clothing regulation and would have never dreamed that the shirt I had on, which had a collar but was sleeveless, and the pants, which were capris, might be considered offensive in a court of law in Barbados.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.