Immigration

Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Lyndi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration

Hi Guapa,

I had to pay $1500 within 28 days. It was paid on the first week in Jan this year to the immigration cashier in Barbados, and I am still waiting for my certificate to be sent to London for me to collect. I received a call from my mother in law last week to say she had recived notification that it was on its way. That's 6 months later! If I lived in Bim I think I would have got it quicker as it would be easier for me to pester them in Immigration

You did very well to get yours in 30 months, mine took 3 years.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I meant 20 months!! It's the drink
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Tizzy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, 20 months is great, so did you apply in UK or Barbados, I applied in Barbados in June 2008 and I'm still waiting!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:08 am
Just Joined

laudrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people seem to get citizenship faster than others. I have been married to my bajan wife since 2006 and applied for citizenship in 2007. It's almost 1 year since we(my wife and I) have had the interview and still waiting to be granted citizenship. Was told that they put citizenship by marriage on hold to accommodate more pressing issues. Why the hassle for something you are entitled to?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:11 am
Just Joined

laudrick is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you have to do Lyndi1 to be granted citizenship so quick?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Laudrick.
When I went for my interview in London in May 2008, I was told by the Commissioner who interviewed us that i would have to wait approximately 12 months. After 12 months of not hearing anything, I rang London to enquire how much longer it would take. They then said that I would now have to wait 3 years before I would recieve citizenship, to be honest I wasnt too bothered because we dont live in Barbados and I was content to just let it take its course.

In December we were in Barbados, I called in to Immigration and was told by the guy on the desk that the rules had changed and it was now 6 years wait!! I was more annoyed because they kept moving the goal post. I asked to speak to an Immigration officer who pulled out my file and said she would fast-track my application due to the fact that I had been married to my husband 20 yrs +.

I'm not sure if you live in Bim but I would call in to Immigration in Bridgetown and ask to speak to an Immigration Officer. I know if it made a difference but I went in well dressed and aked to see someone. It worked for me.

How long have you been married Laudrick?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Laudrick, I see it's been 6 years.

Give it a try. Good luck.

L
Old Jun 4th 2011, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Guapa is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI I applied in London.

I too was told conflicting info by the Embassy staff in London.I've had quite a bit of experience with Bridgetown and London staff and every time the info you get changes.
My advise would be get yourself in order 100% then go for it & don't be put off by the person on the desk.Then be prepared for a long.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Guapa is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait.