Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

If Married In Barbados to a Bajan ??

If Married In Barbados to a Bajan ??

Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

missamanda1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If Married In Barbados to a Bajan ??

If Married in barbados when i go next year, Can he apply for a spouse visa while i am there? I live in Scotland UK want to marry him when i go back on vacation next year then we want to live together in Scotland for several years before returning to barbados.
Will this be an easy process for us? Is it a spouse visa he has to apply for and do i have to be there? Any costs and time of this process and documents needed would be appreciated if anyone can help us
Thank You in advance
Amanda and Kevin x
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: If Married In Barbados to a Bajan ??

You would apply for citizenship either here or at the nearest High Commission (London, I suppose)-- I wouldn't get married and then apply the next day, if you have time wait a bit. Things change minute to minute here in terms of immigration, but even after having been with my husband for 12 years and married 5 they still gave us a hard time.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Thank you for ur reply can i ask where ur husband from?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I am American my husband is Bajan...
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:46 am
Just Joined

So can i ask how did things work out?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

As I said, things are changing--I got my citizenship in about 20 months, it really only became an issue once I was living here and unable to work. Now I believe citizenship takes upwards of 3 years.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply im in scotland and want to marry my bajan husband mabye things are different i just need to find out a little more

Thanks Amanda x
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay, well good luck. If you read through the post here you will see that there has been a major change/shift in immigration policy since David Thompson and the DLP were elected.