How's everyone doing?!?!?

Old Apr 1st 2020, 2:11 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default How's everyone doing?!?!?

Just thought I'd check in, since there is very little conversation on this forum. hope everyone is keeping well, health wise, mentally and physically. Barbados is under a Stage 3 order, which basically means only essential services open (it's actually an extensive list but.. it works), limited movement during the day and curfew from 8pm to 6am. you can check out all the info at . https://gisbarbados.gov.bb/

Stay well everyone.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 2:41 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How's everyone doing?!?!?

Here we have a 24/7 curfew, roadblocks, supermarkets all closed, only owner/operator small family stores allowed to open 3 days a week, only 1 petrol station for the whole island. The word you are looking for is unsustainable....
Old Apr 1st 2020, 3:38 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey peeps well im in the UK and just recovering from what I can only presume was CV19 as we are not doing tests here unless you are in hospital. We are on house lockdown only allowed out to go out to shop for food, go to work (if you cant work from home) to exercise once a day for 30-60 mins or if you are caring for someone vulnerable or seeking medical help.

In am eagerly awaiting the availability of the antibodies test that proves you have had it but right now it would not give you any more freedom anyhow. I think we are holding our breath for after Easter to see what actions will be next.

Wow Grenada supermarkets all closed!! that is going to mean loads of people in little shops is it not?

How are the stats of cases or deaths with you guys for Bim and Grenada? We are expected to hit our peak in 2 weeks so people are bracing themselves

Last edited by Serendipidy; Apr 1st 2020 at 3:40 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 4:09 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Barbados has done 250 plus tests.. 34 cases as of 2 days ago. . it started with 2 people coming from New York, 1 of those a returning Barbadian. I'd have for the stats, which I'm sure are available somewhere, but basically all cases have either been imported in (someone coming into the island) and subsequently contact tracing, so finding the people they came in contact week.

The QEH is NOT being used as a location for COVID-19 cases, but the government has secured a few sites for those patients, depending on the severity.. so far. .as i'm aware, we have no one using a ventilator.

biggest issue is.. Bajan Hard Ears not listening to and adhering to, the curfew and the social distancing. We are allowed to go to the beach, but be reasonable. no group limes, no parties and the list goes on. .

UK Grenada.. I can't even imagine. I would have thought the larger supermarkets would have staid open with the village shops shutting. but .. as they did here, allowed the village shops to open (not Rum shops) to sell basic goods..

Old Apr 1st 2020, 6:11 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is - believe it or not - we have no local cases just a few imported- so the govt has decided to just shut most things and I don’t know what - till it goes away, but of course we know ...

One day it will arrive and between now and then is just another Sunday

Last edited by uk_grenada; Apr 1st 2020 at 6:14 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 11:52 pm

and the problem here is.. we don't have "community spread cases".. they are all import or connected to the import.. SO TOP THE BLEEDING IMPORT..
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 12:01 am

But - whats the endgame? You cant shut the borders forever and whenyou open them, you will get the bug. There is only one solution , its called immunity and the only game in town is herd immunity, and that requires 60%+ of population fet the bug. So what do you want to do?
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 12:24 am

I know we can't shut the borders forever.. the reason to flatten the curve is to protect our healthcare systems.. not our health. (basically).. but like Canada. you can't go to Canada right now, unless you are a Canadian. you can't even go there, if you want to go into the US.. you just can't.

So why are allowing anyone who isn't Bajan, or resident (card carrying resident) into Barbados at this time..

Old Apr 2nd 2020, 1:08 am

Well, why are you allowing anyone in? Plenty of smart countries havent closed borders. Look at Swedens respomse. They know that immunity means catching the bug for most, and the more you shut business down, the more damage yoU do to the economy and other areas, so actually, hard as it sounds, why would you?

However, at this time, the people you have to quarantine are the old and vunerable. But you dont want to do that forever, only till herd immunity means the rest of the population protect the vunerable. The hard part - getting the bug means 1-3% die, but tell me a viable alternative?

Purely objectively, you might establish immunity, protect the vunerable, then close the borders to those countries where immunity isnt established.

Last edited by uk_grenada; Apr 2nd 2020 at 1:10 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 3:50 am

Um.. I'm not sure why you sound argumentative .most of the people who have come in have been Bajans from over and away (as they say).. and the others are residents.. and maybe a few non-resident visitors. .I know someone who decided to come cause they thought it would be a great place to be for the virus.. right..... anyway.. There are young people in quarantine.. 20yrs olds 22 year olds.. 40 year olds who where away and have come home and self isolated in rental properties instead of going home..

what i don't understand is, why are countries not advising their citizens NOT TO LEAVE. Canada has given at advise.. the US. but I guess they haven't or can't stop them. what's happening is the airlines aren't flying. .so those same visitors will no longer be coming in. unless on a private jet or yacht.. , which means they better have their own doctor and health care system to look after then .. just saying.

I don't know why the PM hasn't complete shut the borders, but she seems to be saying it's because if we do we will not get Cargo, goods etc. .(and we aren't self sufficient so.. this matters, except that she could make the order say.. No Visitors.. period. No non-residents/Citizens.. period.. but Cargo etc is allowed.. but i'm not in government and I don't make the rules..
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 11:25 am

NB sorry if i sounded angry, frustrated with politicians is i guess true.

We have completely shut borders, but cargo by air and sea is fine, same in trinidad i know - as of course they are exporting a load of stuff to us and you so your govts argument doesnt really make sense. However, we have to focus i think on how do we get back to normal, and so we have to return to herd immunity. No politician is ever going to say we invite the disease in, but thats the only way to get immunity for at least 2 years. Yes you must try to lower the rateof infection to keep more people alive and not overwhelm health systems/people but its a very inconvenient truth that in my opinion, you have to get the bug to get immunity, and yes people will die, but objectively some of them would have died of the next flu. If you can protect the vunerable from getting it while the general population do get it, all the better, but you do have to consider how long the process or restrictions can go on for to reduce mayhem in other ways. Swedens politicians said all this publicly but their population is maybe more knowledgable?

I suspect your politicians know all this and are making a calculated decision, and they are not unique in doing this. Here its all wrong. Canute like, there are no cases but they have gone into complete panic stations lockdown, but nobody official is even discussing the future. How do we get back? The uk are now saying 6 months to normality, but they will then restrict specific countries access i suspect if they havent got general immunity [like us?]

one other thing, for a bit barbados is the new hub for the ec, you still have flights to europe? This exposes you even more. I know yachties are leaving places to get flights and risking leaving their tubs in the hurricane belt, and if countries open their borders, until trinidad and others joins this, you will be a hub i guess?
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 12:52 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

This is a war on 2 fronts - health and economy. If the balance is not handled properly the country will run out of money and normal health issues will have no funding and people will be lost to heart attacks, cancer or hunger. The virus is all over the world and all countries that rely on tourism will be hit sooner or later. There is an argument that if countries can minimise the spread whilst other countries go through the peak then countries like the UK can help Barbados/Grenada when they are in the peak. I don't think there should be any commercial flying right now until governments get more prepared for protecting their citizens however if airlines are grounded they may go bust and then what happens in 6 months when there are no jobs, money to pay bills, no money to pay for food supplies or medicines etc?

If we are in global crisis every country has to look out for their own so this will not be like funding for Ebola which was given by all countries.

Last edited by Serendipidy; Apr 2nd 2020 at 12:55 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 1:18 pm

I cant see the big countries providing meaningful help really, apart from the ever present chinese amd to be fair the cubans help. Another country like the uk achieving herd immunity helps them but has very little impact on help here, it still only takes 1 infected person to start the ball rolling downhill here or in other islands and there will be infected people in other countries for years, so the canute stance really is a fail waiting to happen, and the longer you maintain it the worse damage you do to your economy. The argument about healthcare spending is good, if you have healthcare spending... Its not as big as it should be here, and we arent hearing about any extra spending in preparation, just in keeping businesses and people afloat, but for how long that can be sustained?
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 1:40 pm

It sounds ironic to say that maybe its a blessing that the UK are in the grip right now because "waiting for your turn" must be as traumatic, a double whammy involved waiting for it drama and then getting it drama. It is the same for me on a personal basis - whilst I didn't want the virus at least having had it (I Think) the waiting is over.

Over the next 2 weeks it is likely here that we all know someone or have friends that do that are suffering or in hospital or worse. This weekend we are expecting a hot (for UK) and sunny weekend - if the Covidiots as they are now called do their worse this weekend then the next 4 weeks could be higher than Italy! We are in the hands of each other - the government already reported an increase in car traffic and I can see that out my window as we speak - if more people are out and about and we don't even have our peak then things could be worse than we hoped
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 3:50 pm

I see you got your curfew and travel restrictions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.