Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

How much more hoops to jump through? 😩

How much more hoops to jump through? 😩

Old May 14th 2018, 8:33 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much more hoops to jump through? 😩

Originally Posted by scot47
"The British High Commission" In the UK ????????????
I am sure that was just a slip and Sunnie meant the Bajan High Comission - walked past it the other day its at Totteham Court Road just near Dominion Theatre
Old May 15th 2018, 6:09 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sorry.. Barbados ..
Old May 27th 2018, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

sunsetdream will become famous soon enoughsunsetdream will become famous soon enough

Hi all

I'm still waiting for my amended birth certificate to come back to me. Then I shall be straight back to the high commission in London. I already foresee a problem, I feel they will tell me my photos that I paid a solicitor to sign are out of date as I had them signed maybe a year ago when I initally started this 'journey'

​​​​​​I honestly feel like I'm getting nowhere fast. Although this is working in my favour somewhat as I've decided to go back to uni and get my teaching qualification so I'm hoping by the time I'm fully qualified my papers would've come through.
Old May 30th 2018, 6:08 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

s
Originally Posted by sunsetdream
Hi all

I'm still waiting for my amended birth certificate to come back to me. Then I shall be straight back to the high commission in London. I already foresee a problem, I feel they will tell me my photos that I paid a solicitor to sign are out of date as I had them signed maybe a year ago when I initally started this 'journey'

​​​​​​I honestly feel like I'm getting nowhere fast. Although this is working in my favour somewhat as I've decided to go back to uni and get my teaching qualification so I'm hoping by the time I'm fully qualified my papers would've come through.
Everything is exactly as it needs to be ...you might find that with your teaching qualification a whole lot of new doors open for you when you arrive in Bim
Old May 30th 2018, 10:13 am
Just Joined

sunsetdream will become famous soon enoughsunsetdream will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
s

Everything is exactly as it needs to be ...you might find that with your teaching qualification a whole lot of new doors open for you when you arrive in Bim
Yes I hope so. Teachers always seem to be in demand. Even in the UK there's a lot of adverts right now offering you extras to encourage you to get into teaching. Although I must say it feels a bit daunting going back to uni after 13 years ,😱
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Just a quick update, my new amended British birth certificate has been done and will be ready in the next few days which means hopefully next week, I can go High comission and finally get the ball rolling. Fingers crossed they won't bring out one more big hoop for me to jump through. 😁
Old Jun 4th 2018, 3:23 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

the only thing I will say is this. Elections have just been done, 24 May 2018.. WE have a new party in charge. Barbados Labor Party.. PM is a women.. Mia Mottley. going to get the government back in shape.. they aren't the ones who wanted to chuck all the expats out , it was the just past DLP.. so.. There may be some "people at the top" moved around.. it should cause problem with anything else.. one hopes. and I do hope that Guy Hewitt Retains his position at the Barbados office in London. (he's a good person.)
Old Jun 28th 2018, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Good news!!!! They finally accepted all of my documents and my citizenship papers have finally been sent off to Barbados 🎊🎊🎊🎊

Well they obviously had to give me one last hoop to jump through. Apparently the powers that be in Barbados disapprove of facial piercings and You're not allowed to have any on in your application picture. So I then had to go across the road and take some awful 'acceptable' pictures taken.

It's strange because my picture on my British passport includes all of my facial piercings and it's never been a problem. Also they're not big obnoxious ones they're all tiny gems. Also if i was told this in the beginning i would've taken them out the first time around. But oh well it's done now, thank goodness!

Now the waiting game begins...
Old Jun 30th 2018, 11:44 am

whoohoo!!!.. Congrats on at least getting the documents approved and all sent in. Sorry about the photos redo but.. that's how they are here. I'm no longer allowed to wear my glasses in my US Passport photo, even though I wear them full time. go figure... Keep us posted on how things are progressing.. (slow as a tortoise I'm sure)
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:51 pm

Well done Sunset you have just transversed each obstacle as it appears - you will arrive in BIM exactly on time!!!
Old Jul 6th 2018, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! I'm so happy that it's all out of my hands now.