Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

how long does the bus journey take from oisins to paradise beach

how long does the bus journey take from oisins to paradise beach

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

tallsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long does the bus journey take from oisins to paradise beach

how long does the bus journey take from oistins to paradise beach just north of bridgetown,i am looking to take the 7 am bus,also if i took a taxi from rockley golf club to the same place how much would it cost in bds.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Gravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long does the bus journey take from oisins to paradise beach

Less than an hour at the time you are thinking of but it only costs $1.50 for you to trial it and find out.

According to this site the taxi would run you $20 each way.

I believe the Oistins-Speightstown Bypass is one of the more reliable services and you should have no problem using it.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:51 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gravy
Less than an hour at the time you are thinking of but it only costs $1.50 for you to trial it and find out.

According to this site the taxi would run you $20 each way.

I believe the Oistins-Speightstown Bypass is one of the more reliable services and you should have no problem using it.
The Oistins-Speighstown goes along the highway and wouldn't put you anywhere near where you need to be.

I'd suggest taking any of the buses, ZR's into bridgetown, walk through town from the Fairchild street terminal down broad street to the Princess Alice terminal (by the Central Post Office) and take another bus to Paradise beach, which is just at the top of Spring Garden Highway.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice
Smile Re: how long does the bus journey take from oisins to paradise beach

In normal traffic, about half hour, you don´t have to get on the bus in Oistins , it passes through Rockley. It´s just called the Oistins to Speightstown bus.
I agree with Gravy that it is about the most reliable service in the island.
If you take the 7am bus you will hit the worst traffic.
And I doubt you can get a taxi for 20 dollars one way.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice

Sunnie, the bus you are talking about is the new service that passes by Sheraton, that one is an express bus which indeed travels over the highway.

The regular Oistins-Speightstown travels over highway 7, turns of by the Garrisson,round the back of Bridgetown, Eagle Hall, Black Rock and stops at the gasstation by Four Seasons where it travels north over highway 2.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:52 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

oh got it.. that's the one I see in the mornings (obviously).. that certainly would be better, but the morning traffic could get a bit interesting, even if you are on a bus.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

I would really think about living closer to work tbh...

For 2.5k BBDS a month you could get a nice deal near Paradise Beach.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Britney is an unknown quantity at this point

The best thing to do is to take a ZR from Oistins to Bridgetown walk down town by the cheapside bus stand and take a Speightstown minibus ask the driver to drop you off at Batts Rock,there is a bus stop right on the road to batts Rock,batts Rock and Paradise beach is next to each other. Next option take a taxi from Bridgetown and ask the driver to take you to Pile bay Paradise Beach is next to Pile bay.None of the options that was given before me from the others will work for you unless you want to walk for a long long time.I know the area backwards.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Britney
The best thing to do is to take a ZR from Oistins to Bridgetown walk down town by the cheapside bus stand and take a Speightstown minibus ask the driver to drop you off at Batts Rock,there is a bus stop right on the road to batts Rock,batts Rock and Paradise beach is next to each other. Next option take a taxi from Bridgetown and ask the driver to take you to Pile bay Paradise Beach is next to Pile bay.None of the options that was given before me from the others will work for you unless you want to walk for a long long time.I know the area backwards.
Knowing the area is one thing, but do you travel by bus?
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Steve , this must be getting confusing for you. However I must agree with shines, that it would be a lot easier to look for a place on the west coast, which should not be that hard with your budget.
The travel might get to you after a while.
Paynes Bay is nice as well, not certain if you can find a community similar to Rockley, but I am sure there are others who are more familiar on the westcoast and could advise you on that.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Britney
Britney - you obviously didn't read my post, which is basically the same thing. Unless the site entrance at the old "Paradise Beach" entrance right off Spring Garden Highway, just before the round about, is closed.. then we said the same thing.. so how can it not work.

Batts rock is an option, but you have to walk from there as well, down to the beach and over.

and I also agree with the statement of living on the West Coast or living in that area, unless you want to do this every day, to and from. (or you get a car, which will also mean traffic)..
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Britney is an unknown quantity at this point

Barbados is a small island.....no where is to far to travel,from Oistins to Paradise is baby distance you dont need to live on the West Coast,we have the cheapest bus fares in the world.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

No, not too far to travel, but very time consuming in rush hours.
I can only assume you don´t travel to and from work in this area on a daily basis be it by bus or car.
I did it for years and it´s fine, once that is all you have to do.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by bamiskados
No, not too far to travel, but very time consuming in rush hours.
I can only assume you don´t travel to and from work in this area on a daily basis be it by bus or car.
I did it for years and it´s fine, once that is all you have to do.
Barbados is a small island but the roads are small, and the cars/buses etc, ar plentiful. From about 7am till about 9am in the morning, and then again in the afternoon after about 230pm and again around 5pm, traffic can sometimes come to a standstill.

the distance from the LIME building at Government hill to the bottom of the same hills is maybe , what.. the distance of 2 football fields in length.. (that could be soccer or football for that matter) and at it might take me about 2 min, in regular traffic to get down it.. but in there are many mornings I have sat in traffic on that same hill for upwards of 20-25 min.. and it doesn't help to go in a different direction, because all the roads to bridgetown are like that.. including the southcoast road.

to the OP.. we are not trying to discourage you but.. I have someone with a studio at Rockley that might be available however, she even said.. what about the traffic?!?!?.. soo think and consider wisely.. if you don't mind it, fine.. but a few months into it, remember your decision.. (by the way.. it's only bad, really bad., when schools are in session..)