Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

How long does Barbados citizenship take??

How long does Barbados citizenship take??

Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Allig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does Barbados citizenship take??

Originally Posted by Chase77
I'm in desperate need of a change and want to relocate to Barbados - but I'm waiting on my citizenship - Has anyone recently applied? and if so, how long did it take? Also does anyone know of some useful websites I could search for jobs in the meantime?

Thanking you in advance
Hi it took a year for me. However I think it could have been done quicker if I had pushed it a bit more. But thank God I now a fully fledged citizen!!!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

shazm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Hi Shazm

Best thing to do to get the right advice is to post a new thread rather than linking into an existing one that way the title will attract those who can help you. You could also read the multiple numbers of previous threads regarding working in Barbados as there is already a lot of fairly comprehensive info on them

Dipidy

Thanks I'll re-post
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Chase77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BirthdayGirl
Sorry for the delay - It's been awhile since I've logged in...I applied for my citizenship in Barbados only in Dec 08 - but I was hoping it wouldn't take long, as my friend of a friend received her's in 9 weeks despite her only having one parent of Bajan decent.

I was hoping to move down as soon as possible (just waiting for that damn piece of paper :-) - I really am tired of London and everything about it..including my job. I'm looking for any work in Project Management, as I've recently obtained a Prince 2 qualification. Although I am open to opportunities in the graphic design field. I currently work for local government in finance.

Originally Posted by birthdaygirl
Unfortunately, I cannot give you that glimmer of hope as I phoned in December and I was told in no uncertain terms that his papers were not ready and basically not to phone they would let me know. I applied for his from London. However, I applied in BIM for myself in August 08 and mine is still not ready. I think your friend was just lucky, as I was told both in London and BIM it would be 6months, I think because of the review of Guyanese Visas things are taking long. In saying that you never know with immigrations yours could be the same as your friends, it sometimes the luck of the draw.

I know it appears to be a long process especially when you are ready to move on with your life, I was hoping initially to move to Barbados in July or August, I am now having to delay it to December to ensure I have all the paperwork.

When are you thinking of going and what type of job are you looking for?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband rang the Barbados High Commission in London yesterday to enquire about my daughter and my application submitted in May 08, and was told that citizenship takes a year and to ring again in a couple of months when the year is up. The guy was totally disinterested, didn't even ask for our details. I don't suppose good customer service has reached the HC yet

L
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lindi2
I don't suppose good customer service has reached the HC yet

L
Unfortunately, customer service generally is not a priority here. I will say, however, that every so often I come across someone who is smiling and very helpful, and I am sure to thank them for the rarity!

Good luck Lindi, with your citizenship.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank Foxy,

I do know what you mean about Barbados but my husband rang the HC in London.

Never mind, it'll happen when it happens.

L
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Oh! haha, I didn't realize you meant London. Okay, agreed, that's pretty bad

Take care,
F