Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

How long does Barbados citizenship take??

How long does Barbados citizenship take??

Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Chase77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy How long does Barbados citizenship take??

I'm in desperate need of a change and want to relocate to Barbados - but I'm waiting on my citizenship - Has anyone recently applied? and if so, how long did it take? Also does anyone know of some useful websites I could search for jobs in the meantime?

Thanking you in advance
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: How long does Barbados citizenship take??

You would be better off posting this on the Barbados board and giving a few more details about the type of application
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks Zanne

I'm new to this - only joined last night - I'll repost on the Bim board...Ta
Old Feb 27th 2009, 12:32 am
Just Joined

lettiesmall1957 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hie,

As Zanne said, I think its better you also mention the type of application you want to make, as they differ.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks again - I've since looked at the Barbados board and someone has posted exactly the same question....I'm apply for citizenship by decent...
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

birthdaygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chase 77. I asked the same question about citizenship by descent, I applied for my son at the end of May 08 and when I phoned this week I was informed his application had been approved, his citizen card (may have to pick it up in barbados) or letter would be sent in the post in next few weeks, so it appears to take about 10 months currently.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi Birthdaygirl

I saw your post on the Barbados notice board - so i didn't bother to repost my question...I still can't believe that it will take 10 MONTHS!! That's forever away...A friend of a friend applied for her citizenship by decent while she was in Bim last year around June 08 and she received her papers in week 9?? How is that possible?? Is it maybe a possibility your son's application was ready previously - but they failed to inform you...(please give me some glimmer of hope
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

That happened with my son, we actually got some grief over him overstaying his welcome, and needing a return ticket when in reality he had already been approved and could stay indefinitely-- there was about a 2-3 month lag between the date on the certificate and the date on the letter. IMO since he was here with his father and all of the papers that prove that he was my husbands son this was ridiculous.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

birthdaygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, I cannot give you that glimmer of hope as I phoned in December and I was told in no uncertain terms that his papers were not ready and basically not to phone they would let me know. I applied for his from London. However, I applied in BIM for myself in August 08 and mine is still not ready. I think your friend was just lucky, as I was told both in London and BIM it would be 6months, I think because of the review of Guyanese Visas things are taking long. In saying that you never know with immigrations yours could be the same as your friends, it sometimes the luck of the draw.

I know it appears to be a long process especially when you are ready to move on with your life, I was hoping initially to move to Barbados in July or August, I am now having to delay it to December to ensure I have all the paperwork.

When are you thinking of going and what type of job are you looking for?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Guyanese, Chinese...the suspect population of the moment are just an excuse for...slow, slow, slow, slow. It took 3 months for my citizenship certificate to be typed once I had paid the fee.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

hi Zanne,

The pace is scary!!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:58 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Barbados....
Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:52 am
Just Joined

I think thats how most of the third world countries work, trying to be more careful in all what they do, in order to avoid mishaps at a later stage, and also trying to cover their backs.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

shazm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chase77
Thanks again - I've since looked at the Barbados board and someone has posted exactly the same question....I'm apply for citizenship by decent...

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this sounds like a stupid question but what is the Barbados notice Board/ Bim Board that you're talking about?

I know it's probably not the right place to continue this line of discussion but I'm also looking for work in Bim whilst still in London. However, can anyone advise on the best companies hiring social/market researchers on the island?

Thanks

Shazm
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:07 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazm
Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this sounds like a stupid question but what is the Barbados notice Board/ Bim Board that you're talking about?

I know it's probably not the right place to continue this line of discussion but I'm also looking for work in Bim whilst still in London. However, can anyone advise on the best companies hiring social/market researchers on the island?

Thanks

Shazm
Hi Shazm

Best thing to do to get the right advice is to post a new thread rather than linking into an existing one that way the title will attract those who can help you. You could also read the multiple numbers of previous threads regarding working in Barbados as there is already a lot of fairly comprehensive info on them

Dipidy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.