How is everyone coping?

Old Jun 18th 2020, 10:47 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is everyone coping?

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Yes they can, they wait by the side of the road, by a queue at a roundabout is a popular place, they stop your car and admonish you or write you a ticket. Happened to someone i know yesterday.

Or on foot - well they patrol all over the place. Yes its dumb IMHO - but its the regulation and police are employed to support those.

I was told today, on a FB forum for regional travel, that the mask wearing in the car rule in Grenada DOESN'T apply if you are in the Car by yourself...
Old Jun 18th 2020, 11:56 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Tell that to the wife of a friend who was stopped. It’s in the regulations plain and simple, I’m sure the police make loads of exceptions but that just means the regulations badly written. It’s also true that there are a few agent provocateurs around in our forums who are selling the island as part of their tourist businesses, fair enough but not actually helpful. If you want to see how the tourist welcome is actually organised (not pretty) pop over to tripadvisor for the gory story.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 1:01 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

ok.. thanks for the info. and I'l have a look at the Grenada TripAdvisor info. I'm a DE on the Barbados one.. and it seems.. 1 July is our open date.. although I'm not spreading the rumors before I hear it out of Mia's mouth..
Old Jun 19th 2020, 1:46 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

1st july is official here, did you get your DE pressie yet, the marvellous .....[think dora the explorers friend] mine arrived yesterday lol... Also read about the draconian new normal here, i cant see it lasting long, no tourist is going to live with time in govt clink. Do you have any firm info on airline interest in returning? LIAT say they arent ready [pay us] Caribbean Air are apparently very interested but their government maybe not so, AA is in like flynn july 1 with sandals in tow, BA possibly august, or november?? Virgin, no clue...

Last edited by uk_grenada; Jun 19th 2020 at 1:49 am.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 3:37 am

got the notice on the DE Pressie.. of course it says what it is.. I'm hoping I don't have to pay duty... which thankfully I haven't .. I usually have to explain what it is and that I didn't buy it.

I'm going to have to guess that if flights start in Barbados 1 July there will be NO quarantine.. it's just not going to happen..and well. that might NOT be what we want but.. and if Sandals is leading they charge.. let all guests be required to stay on property and not go anywhere.. which is good for them .. bad for us.. but.. maybe the way it is. who knows.. we shall see.

just checked the tracking on the package.. it's here.. but the standard... Your package has been delayed due to a Government regulatory agency hold. is placed on the info. I'll call tomorrow and see what they say. (naturally TA probably things it's in my in my hand... oh well.) There are a few other DE's in Barbados, but I've never asked any of them if they have received anything..

Last edited by Sunniebgi; Jun 19th 2020 at 3:40 am.