Household Goods Donation

Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:34 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Household Goods Donation

Hi everyone im back to the nonsense of having to get rid of the stuff I had in a rented house in Barbados (thought it was all sorted but all change again) anyhow will be selling off major items but was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who would benefit from the donation of household stuff like cutlery, crockery, linen, curtains etc and any remaining furniture - is there an organisation that takes this type of thing and distributes it to the those in need or if anyone can let me know (you can message me direct if you prefer) of anyone in need they personally know who would benefit
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

bakergirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Household Goods Donation

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Hi everyone im back to the nonsense of having to get rid of the stuff I had in a rented house in Barbados (thought it was all sorted but all change again) anyhow will be selling off major items but was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who would benefit from the donation of household stuff like cutlery, crockery, linen, curtains etc and any remaining furniture - is there an organisation that takes this type of thing and distributes it to the those in need or if anyone can let me know (you can message me direct if you prefer) of anyone in need they personally know who would benefit
I'd also like to know how/where to donate clothing.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

songbird835 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had messaged privately but seeing as maybe more people are able to contribute items maybe i can help.

the Salvation Army is always many peoples first stop but sometimes they have so many thiongs that they cannot process everything fast enough and have nowhere to store items so they close their doors to donations (unless they are food items as they will take those all the time), other places to consider are "thrift" type shops 2 i can think of are the RSPCA on spring Garden highway, St patricks church, The Hope animal rescue do sales of various items.

Alternatively the church i attend in St Phillip called Sacred Heart ask us, the congregation for donations of food or any unwanted item, which they then distribute to those in less fortunate circumstances in the area...not just persons who are members of the church but those in need...e.g. families, elderly, etc...so any item that can be of use to somebody we give and it is distributed as per need.....

feel free to message me if you feel you can assist with any item for these persons. what may seem insignificant to you, may be of great benefit to others...

Amy
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:12 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

does this also mean that you are here Dipity?!?! would be great to see you and catch up.

I agree with everything that songbird has said. I know St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church on Bay street has a thrift shop (the St. Vincent de Paul Society is what it is). I think they take many types of items.

Good Luck with everything.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 9:02 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Will be there shortly Sunnie - lets go do the quiz night with iain and Amy lol
Old May 14th 2011, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Hi Dips...pm if you are selling I am in the market for a dresser and a bookcase. Hope all is well with u!
Old May 15th 2011, 12:14 am

Hi Zanne think the dresser is sold although aint got money yet but i have a big computer table wiht a book case attached to it and storage drawers if you might be interested - beds seem to be getting a lot of interest then i think the only remaining item is the fridge.

I have the donation stuff so must contact Amy if your reading this
Old May 16th 2011, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

songbird835 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes am reading it!..lol, i try and keep up with reading the messages if only to get a winning team for quiz night!!...
Old May 16th 2011, 10:12 pm

Zanne I have a couple of items back on the market due to when time comes to pay there is suddenly lack of funds lol so pm me and ill give ya details of dresser and somethign else that might interest you

Does anyone know somewhere that might benefit from a donation of a large office table/drawers/bookcase - people are saying its too big to buy for their homes although it was a god send for me to work from home

Its a pretty lilac and pinewood colour lol - typical girl - but does run at least 6 foot across and would sit possibly 3 computers at it

I would need for it to be picked up if donated - i considered approaching a school but not sure if they would want it?
Old May 16th 2011, 10:14 pm

Songbird are you going this wednesday to the quiz maybe i could link you there cos the meet up link thread i posted died as if i offered to cook lol
Old May 16th 2011, 11:44 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

don't supposed you have a photo of this desk/bookshelf thing.... just checking.. maybe to see it might help to find a home for it.. and what are you asking?!?! anything else available?!?!
Old May 17th 2011, 12:08 am

bloody hell keep forgetting i got a camera lol - sunnie i can meet up with you and we can sstalk songbird cos my investigations so far know she blonde and not too bright so i should spot her lol - just dont like to go in a place that i aint knowing anyone lol - we need to find out what time to be there and if they do food ??
Old May 17th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Yes they do do food, limited but tasty menu - blimey I sound like the owner but am most def not!!

Amy is very easy to spot when she gets there... just watch all the men looking at her.........

Ian
Old May 17th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Dips, I sent you a message. I am around home today...so email me!
Old May 17th 2011, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Oh, and the quiz starts at 8pm generally people start arriving from around 7.30... hope that all helps...

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.