Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

House rentals recommendations

House rentals recommendations

Old Jul 15th 2020, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Dasza1009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House rentals recommendations

Hi all.
​​We are a family of 4 who are considering taking advantage of the Barbados offer for digital workers to stay in Barbados for up to 12 months.
I've had a quick look around the web and on this sub, but don't seem to be able to find much about house rentals. I've come across a couple of websites, one with extremely expensive properties, the other with extremely shabby ones - I feel I'd benefit from an insider's insight!
We're not fussed about the location (the more remote the better in fact), and we're not after a mansion.
Just to emphasize - we're not planning on working or living permanently in Barbados.
Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 12:52 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House rentals recommendations

Hi Dazza and welcome to the forum. Can you be specific as to what your question is? Where are you currently located?

I did a quick search on web and came up with this site - https://www.barbadospropertysearch.com/for-rent . This seems to have many properties and are quoted with bajan dollars ie $2500 is £1000. My suggestion would be too book a holiday place for a couple of weeks and then go and look at something longer term. Negotiating in person will get you a much better deal.

If you are currently in the UK im also around so we can have a phone chat if you need more info. You will need to add another couple of posts before you can private message me your number.

Dips
Old Jul 18th 2020, 2:07 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House rentals recommendations

HI Dasza.. I have a feeling you have been on another forum asking similar questions. (this is regarding the Barbados 1 year Welcome Stamp that is not yet finalized but making the rounds on Radio and talk shows in many places)..

a couple of things. There are several real estate companies on the island do both rentals and sales. and of those, there will be some that will be for Barbadians living here, and those that are more geared toward visitors, which are going to have the more short term/more expensive properties. . Unfortunately what you may also find , is that the websites aren't always up to date.. or at least the ones like Cariblist and others that is more a clearing house for many possible locations on the island.

if you have a facebook account, you may want to search for Barbados Property Sales and rentals, and you will come up with a few..

I'll see what I can locate on both FB and regular websites..

on the question of Location, unless you are planning to buy a car or rent one, being too far "out" of any area, is going to be an issue. We have Bus Service, but.. it's not always direct and does take time to use it.