Hospital worries

Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

simon-hannah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hospital worries

we are currently waiting for a formal job offer, but i have been told that my role will begin early next year. We've looked into schools and cost of living etc and it all seems good. but we were browsing another website(sorry) last night and there were lots of poor comments re the quality and cost of heathcare. We were expecting to pay for private but is the quality of the care good. We will be bringing our three children and our new baby along so healthcare will be important to us. Any opinions welcomed.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hospital worries

Originally Posted by simon-hannah
we are currently waiting for a formal job offer, but i have been told that my role will begin early next year. We've looked into schools and cost of living etc and it all seems good. but we were browsing another website(sorry) last night and there were lots of poor comments re the quality and cost of heathcare. We were expecting to pay for private but is the quality of the care good. We will be bringing our three children and our new baby along so healthcare will be important to us. Any opinions welcomed.

Hi there,

I can only comment on my recent experience at Bayview Hospital where I recently gave birth. I found the care was perfectly ok and the experiences with my OB-GYN and the paediatrician were fabulous. You do have to pay for it but I assume your company will offer some kind of health insurance...?

Sue
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sue. Yes the company will be putting together a package, we'll have to wait and see the details. I will be working in St.Phillips(?) and bringing Hannah and our 4 kids aged 7,5,2, and a newborn who will probably be 4 months when we come over. Which areas are suitable for living as a family and do you have any first hand advice on schools/ clubs etc. Hannahs main concern is that she will not have a social life, what kind of thing can she expect to be doing during the working week with the youngsters? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simon-hannah
Thanks Sue. Yes the company will be putting together a package, we'll have to wait and see the details. I will be working in St.Phillips(?) and bringing Hannah and our 4 kids aged 7,5,2, and a newborn who will probably be 4 months when we come over. Which areas are suitable for living as a family and do you have any first hand advice on schools/ clubs etc. Hannahs main concern is that she will not have a social life, what kind of thing can she expect to be doing during the working week with the youngsters? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I live in the north of the island. My daughter, 3 yr old, goes to Casa Dei Bambini which is a Montessori school near Speightstown. I have met lots of mums via the school and we meet up quite often with the kids and sometiems for coffee without. My daughter has her name down for Providence school for next year.

I have also met a few mums off this board too...

I think you should look first where your work will be and then where your children will be going to school and live somewhere close to both if possible. The traffic in rush hours is not much fun so the shortest drive possible is recommended... I guess your work will help with schools but you need to get places sorted ASAP, it can be quite tough to get into the popular private schools on the island.

As for your wife, well I have a 3 week old too, so we can meet up with our newborns in the day I am sure and I am certain she will meet lots of others via the schools etc... As with anywhere as long as you are friendly and outgoing you will meet people and make a social life for yourself!

HTH

Sue
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for reassuring note will be in touch again when we have more definate details of when we are coming and where we wll be based.