British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Holiday in Barbados with view to relocating (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/holiday-barbados-view-relocating-708614/)

moonlightwalks Mar 9th 2011 1:37 pm

Holiday in Barbados with view to relocating

Great site and I have read with total fascination. Therefore taking advice and asking " would anyone like to offer a 50 year old single lady Bed and Breakfast and answers to silly questions during her stay for 2/3 weeks? ". I have visited many times to Hotels but if I am considering moving myself and a dog over for a couple of years need to meet an expat or local friendly face. Hope I hear from you, esp Serendipidy because can only contact her after 3 posts! Many thanks Rhona :thumbup:

Serendipidy Mar 9th 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Holiday in Barbados with view to relocating

Hi Rhona

Welcome to the site - When are you visiting Barbados next and what sides do you normally stay?

moonlightwalks Mar 10th 2011 12:56 pm

Hello and thanks for replying! Loved your messages and advert for villa, will hopefully find out your prices in due course but perhaps to large for just me! I have two late teenage boys in California who may join me depending on their schedule but now they only want girls and their mates! I have been to your lovely island 9 times, mainly St James area but also Speightstown, Silver Sands resort and visited Crane Beach - Sam Lords Castle was empty then but I see it is now developed! I love the whole island, weather (even in June/July), crickets at night, early morning at 6 am on the beach with locals and your sea...... Always been a dream to stay longer and know I have to put the work in to make it happen. Now the boys have flown, my old horses have died and my last German Sheppard I only have one dog and me to worry about! After reading your notes I understand visa etc difficult (not made of money!) but perhaps a 2/3 week stay not in a Hotel would help me make a decision! Hence staying with an ex pat or local who would be a guide etc not a babysitter! Obviously prepared to pay. Any ideas? Thanks for your time Rhona :fingerscrossed:

Serendipidy Mar 10th 2011 1:19 pm

Hi Rhona

If you reply to my PM now you have 3 posts we can take it from there. The place that Im suggesting is not mine but i used to live at the property long term so i dont gain anything from recommending it to you just can recommend its location. Im in London at present but will soon be up there for a few months and may stay at the property - the landlord lets it out short term and long term at really reasonable prices as he does not live on the island its on the south coast 5 min drive from the gap.