British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Hockey anyone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/hockey-anyone-628818/)

BeachZombie Sep 2nd 2009 5:02 pm

Hockey anyone?

So, It's been one month since we arrived here from Canada and it has been a blast! Well, execpt for the customs agent we dealt with for our shipment but what can you expect from government workers..lol I think they're the same in all countries.

The funny thing is now when I read online news about what is happening in certain parts of where we lived in Canada, I realize that I had nothing to worry about in terms of the crime rates here...hopefully that puts some ease to the minds of others thinking about coming considering Canada is a generally safe place to go.

Anyway, the title says hockey...so I'll stick to that. I heard that a bunch of Canadians get together on Sundays to play hockey. Does anyone know where? Maybe you've seen them play somewhere or have any related info? If not, I'll be forced to try and play cricket with my hockey stick which will get me kicked off the island.. :blink:

I have my stick and roller blades with me and looking for a pickup game. Hopefully someone can help.

BeachZombie
:scaredhair:

Foxy_fromCanada Sep 2nd 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Hockey anyone?

Zombie, I met some of these guys recently (many of them Canadian, no surprise). I'll ask around and see if I can get a contact number for you.

BTW, some of those hockey players also do the BFIT triathlons.... if you're interested, I can hook you up! Netsirk (my bf) does them too. I'm the unofficial photographer, LOL.

BeachZombie Sep 3rd 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks Foxy. Looking forward to getting on my blades again :)

tfinteriors Nov 30th 2009 4:16 am

Originally Posted by BeachZombie (Post 7897631)
So, It's been one month since we arrived here from Canada and it has been a blast! Well, execpt for the customs agent we dealt with for our shipment but what can you expect from government workers..lol I think they're the same in all countries.

The funny thing is now when I read online news about what is happening in certain parts of where we lived in Canada, I realize that I had nothing to worry about in terms of the crime rates here...hopefully that puts some ease to the minds of others thinking about coming considering Canada is a generally safe place to go.

Anyway, the title says hockey...so I'll stick to that. I heard that a bunch of Canadians get together on Sundays to play hockey. Does anyone know where? Maybe you've seen them play somewhere or have any related info? If not, I'll be forced to try and play cricket with my hockey stick which will get me kicked off the island.. :blink:

I have my stick and roller blades with me and looking for a pickup game. Hopefully someone can help.

BeachZombie
:scaredhair:

Beach Zombie,

The guys play on Thursday nights behind the NIS building across from Collymore Rock. Check out their website barbadosballhockey.com

Oh and it's not on rollerblades. Have fun, we ladies are happy to have the remote on Thursdays!