British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Help! I am a blonde! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/help-i-am-blonde-759313/)

Michael Digby May 23rd 2012 6:16 pm

Help! I am a blonde!

Hi everyone, We are now reeeeeelly looking forward to coming to Barbados in November for our first stay in our new home (wintering over from the UK for 6 months). I am trying not to bring a lot of stuff with me but one sticking point is my hair ...... I am blonde but it is not natural so I need to colour it every 5 weeks. Search as I might, I have not found any blonde colourants in the shops or pharmacies (drug stores, chemists). Can anyone help please and let me know where I can buy a blonde colourant locally rather than having to bring 6 months supply with me:blink: Thanx

Serendipidy May 23rd 2012 7:11 pm

Re: Help! I am a blonde!

hiya michael lol?? Im trying to think of what the major pharamcists is called at Warrens hopefully someone will mention the name and ill go ahh yea(something like Collins) thats it anyhow my hairdresser orders the colour from there when she does my hair

satellite_ian May 23rd 2012 8:41 pm

isn't it Knights?

Serendipidy May 23rd 2012 9:42 pm

no not knights maybe its not a pharmacist at all perhaps i imagined that .. maybe you can call any hairdressers and explain what you are looking for and ask..

Lorna at Vicenza May 23rd 2012 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Michael Digby (Post 10078152)
Hi everyone, We are now reeeeeelly looking forward to coming to Barbados in November for our first stay in our new home (wintering over from the UK for 6 months). I am trying not to bring a lot of stuff with me but one sticking point is my hair ...... I am blonde but it is not natural so I need to colour it every 5 weeks. Search as I might, I have not found any blonde colourants in the shops or pharmacies (drug stores, chemists). Can anyone help please and let me know where I can buy a blonde colourant locally rather than having to bring 6 months supply with me:blink: Thanx

Isn't it amazing what one looks for when away from home? I'm not criticising honestly - I've brought everything back from cheddar to bacon to gravy to muffin trays to glue sticks. Even brought my kettle back here.

Just wanted to say best of luck xxx

Sunniebgi May 24th 2012 12:52 am

do you dye it yourself??? because I'm certain a hairdresser here can do that and would have the colour for you. I recently was in Tri-Mart Supermarket and on the shampoo aisle, next to the hairbrushes etc, I'm pretty sure I saw a blonde colour package.. can't remember the brand..

and that would be another issue.. if you used a specific brand, then Yes, I'd say bring it with you...

Michael Digby May 24th 2012 10:21 am

Thanks everyone - er I should have added that I am Michael's wife so the colour is for me not him! And yes I do colour it myself and have used the same brand and colour for years, as my hair is long thick and curly it is not easy to change. So, I will bring ny own with me. Thanks again everyone this is reeeeelly helpful!:flirtyeyes