Help with holiday plans :)

Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

hotchick21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Help with holiday plans :)

Hi all,

Hotchick21 here, remember I was looking for tb's for my holiday to Barbados next month! Well I've found a couple Yippee

Now the only issue is, because I've been to barbados a good few times in the past their treating me like the "island tour guide chick" & have sent me emails planning where they would like to go, see etc etc.... So HELP is needed!

Firstly is the Submarine still in business? How much does this cost, as I know when went on it the first time was not exactly cheap - but boy it was sure worth it.. Oh & I can't remember the name of the company either

The Boatyard- for jetsking & various other watersports

Authentic bajan art & galaries ( also where you can purchase from, art that is) other than Cave Shepherd

Cool Runnings Catamaran cruises

The Jolly Roger, but I know they used to be another boat cruise ( Not as crazy as J R)

And lastly has anyone ate at the Waterfront Cafe in Bridgetown? Would you recomend this?
VSOP will be performing their on the 1st October & would very much like to see them- oh & what are the prices like too.

I think that might be all for now- thanks all in advance
sandy x
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:51 pm
Banned

neal brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with holiday plans :)

The boat yard is not really ideal for watersport it is not really legall to do jetski rides etc at the boat yard but is allowed,it is not a desinated zone for watersport by law.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:53 pm
Banned

So if you get into an accident at the boat yard it can be an issue with the insurance.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hotchick21
Hi all,

Hotchick21 here, remember I was looking for tb's for my holiday to Barbados next month! Well I've found a couple Yippee

Now the only issue is, because I've been to barbados a good few times in the past their treating me like the "island tour guide chick" & have sent me emails planning where they would like to go, see etc etc.... So HELP is needed!

Firstly is the Submarine still in business? How much does this cost, as I know when went on it the first time was not exactly cheap - but boy it was sure worth it.. Oh & I can't remember the name of the company either

The Boatyard- for jetsking & various other watersports

Authentic bajan art & galaries ( also where you can purchase from, art that is) other than Cave Shepherd

Cool Runnings Catamaran cruises

The Jolly Roger, but I know they used to be another boat cruise ( Not as crazy as J R)

And lastly has anyone ate at the Waterfront Cafe in Bridgetown? Would you recomend this?
VSOP will be performing their on the 1st October & would very much like to see them- oh & what are the prices like too.

I think that might be all for now- thanks all in advance
sandy x
Hi there,

Submarine is still in business. Look them up: Atlantis Submarines. They have a website.

Watersports: I recommend Barbados Blue at the Hilton. www.divebarbadosblue.com - they have jetskis, boogie boards, kayaks as well as snorkelling tours and scuba instruction.

Art: how about Earthworks? They have a small art gallery attached to them so you get pottery and art all in one shot. Plus, they have a little cafe there so you can have some refreshment.

I haven't been on Cool Runnings, but heard great things about them. I've done El Tigre and it was fantastic.

Waterfront Cafe: a tourist spot, but a nice one. Food pretty good, not horrendous prices, and a nice setting. They have live music all the time and that is pretty nice. ALSO: they have art for sale on consignment there.

Good luck Ms. Tour Guide! Enjoy!
Foxy
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:01 pm
Banned

Go to Holetown or Mullins for watersport the equipment is much more up to date than anywhere else.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

More expensive up the west coast, though.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:43 pm
Banned

Nothing about jetsking is expensive Barbados has the cheapest rates in the world.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

They have jet skis for rent @ Dover Beach, but they are $60 USD for 1/2 hour.

Also, why not the Pelican Village on the Highway for Bajan goods?

I'd also suggest the Rum Safari with Adventureland Tours
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

Many many thanks for the tips, new idea's & advice really appreciate it

Have already contacted the "Waterfront Cafe" & they replied back on the same day, so might go ahead with the reservation, thou it's touristy...

Okay once this is all sorted ( I really hope I don't get asked to organise any more stuff, this is supposed to be a holiday after all !! ) I will place the ad re the "meet up"

Thanks again Sandy aka travel guide chick x
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Changelo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, you could also try the Aerial Trek in St Thomas . The website is below:

http://gocaribbean.about.com/gi/dyna...erialtrek.com/

I checked Facebook and there is an offer of 15% discount for locals in groups of six. I think the price is $85 US pre-discount.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:54 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotchick21
Hi guys,

Many many thanks for the tips, new idea's & advice really appreciate it

Have already contacted the "Waterfront Cafe" & they replied back on the same day, so might go ahead with the reservation, thou it's touristy...

Okay once this is all sorted ( I really hope I don't get asked to organise any more stuff, this is supposed to be a holiday after all !! ) I will place the ad re the "meet up"

Thanks again Sandy aka travel guide chick x
Waterfront Cafe is considered touristy??? Thats a new one on me.. it's only touristy because of it's location (in B'town, close to the shops and the catamarans), but it's very much a locals restaurant (or at least it used to be).
Old Aug 18th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lately, a lot of folks coming off the cruise ships end up there. Maybe they started a cruise ship ad campaign or something
Old Aug 18th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice

It's also VERY pricey.........was there the other afternoon.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice

Waterfront was always catering for the cruiseships, but also good mix of locals and visitors, have too agree with the previous comment.
They have become expensive over the years, used to be able to have a nice lunch there and not walk out broke, but then what hasn't gotten dear in Barbados?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm in that case might go somewhere first for dinner then onto the Waterfront for drinks & dessert...

Oh before I forget- (London life killing me with all this overtime for my holiday, can't think straight )
Where would be a good place for a "Meet Up " somewhere close to everyone ( that's YOU ) & resonable where people can either have dinner or drinks... somewhere with music & maybe dancing... x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.