Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Help Help Help Quick Quick Quick!!!

Help Help Help Quick Quick Quick!!!

Old May 15th 2008, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

loutom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Help Help Quick Quick Quick!!!

Hi everyone.

My partner and I are hoping to be moving out to Barbados in the middle of June. We are from the UK and have had a job offer and have been told that we'll need to be paid part in a Barbados account and part to UK account with the tax we get deducted from Barbados account paid back through the UK account...all very confusing. We need to find out what's the best way to pay as little tax as possible in the long run. We do have financial commitments in the UK (mortgage and the likes)....is anyone in the same position? We'd be most grateful for any guidance.

Cheers!!
Old May 18th 2008, 1:49 am
Saturday Surfer

Netsirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help Help Help Quick Quick Quick!!!

Originally Posted by loutom
Hi everyone.

My partner and I are hoping to be moving out to Barbados in the middle of June. We are from the UK and have had a job offer and have been told that we'll need to be paid part in a Barbados account and part to UK account with the tax we get deducted from Barbados account paid back through the UK account...all very confusing. We need to find out what's the best way to pay as little tax as possible in the long run. We do have financial commitments in the UK (mortgage and the likes)....is anyone in the same position? We'd be most grateful for any guidance.

Cheers!!
Hi, you're probably not getting any replies because what you're describing sounds suspiciously like tax evasion in two countries.

If you want guidance - don't accept the offer. If you are looking to save on taxes here that's easily done, personal income tax is much lower here. Or - talk to an accountant in the UK and one in Barbados. Easy as that.