Healthcare in Barbados

Old Oct 18th 2021, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Robbo8754 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Healthcare in Barbados

Hi,
Wondered if anyone can help here, I am 67 and my partner is 65, we are in the process of buying a house on the Island and expect to spend at least 6 months a year in Barbdos over the next 2 years and then probably permanently reside in Barbados.

Looking at Healthcare cover, that comes from companies based out of HK or China, it seems quite expensive.

Are there local providers of Healthcare cover, can you recommend any Broker, Agent, or Company here, it's impossible to find searching on the Web

Thanks

Rob
Old Nov 1st 2021, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Smudge51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Healthcare in Barbados

Hi Robbo, Thats exactly the question we have. To get the SEP, we took out cover with Aetna, now we are also looking for local health companies. Our ages exceed the Barp limit for health coverage. I found one local broker but have not made any further inquires yet, its Capita Insurance Brokers inc, St Michael, 434-3245.
Try and see what you find, good luck.

Old Nov 1st 2021, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Robbo8754 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Many thanks for the tip.

We hope to be out shortly, so we will contact them when we get there.
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 1:04 am
Good day

bs_wave is an unknown quantity at this point

Please make sure you research the requirements of the Special Entry permit, because the market value of the property you buy in Barbados needs to meet a minimum threshold.

Otherwise you may not be eligible for the Special Entry permit and would be restricted to staying in Barbados for up to three or six months per year, depending on your nationality:

– Foreign nationals from Australia, Canada, France, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States can reside in Barbados for up to six months in any one year period.

– Foreign nationals from any EU country (except France or Ireland) can reside in Barbados for up to three months in any one year period.