Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance and Private Schools

Health Insurance and Private Schools

Old Jun 19th 2014, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

colmroughan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Insurance and Private Schools

Hi,

We are currently very close to pulling the trigger on moving to Barbados and I wanted to find out about:

Health Insurance - is it expensive or cheap and also do most employers provide it?

Cars - what is finance like to obtain and also insurance?

Private Schools v Public Schools - which is the better for a British/Irish 6yo kid who has lived in the US for the last 4 years?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20th 2014, 2:27 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance and Private Schools

If you are coming to Barbados as an expat working for a company, I'd recommend taking the insurance with the company.. I'm not sure that you, as an expat with no history here, would be able to get health insurance.

Check with Globe Finance regarding cars and pricing and financing as well as insurance. (just one option, but as far as I know they have a website and do work with a number of car sales companies).

I'd likely have to recommend private schools for your 6 year old. as an expat you will pay to attend either public or private, and public will depend on the area you will be living in. You can check with the Ministry of education regarding the schools in your living area. However, you may find having your child in a private school might be better socially for the child (just my opinion) and regarding that my first recommendation for private schools for that age would be St. Gabriel's School. Good alll-around program.. follows the ministry of education system and your child and you will interact with both Barbadians as well as expats..
Old Jun 20th 2014, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

colmroughan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Health Insurance and Private Schools

Hi Sunnibgi, thank you for this. My wife has been looking into St Gabriels and I think they are full but you never know, places can come free at the end of the school year. Thanks again.