Health insurance

Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

martin18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health insurance

Hello there, can anyone point me to some good and "cost effective" individual medical insurance plans in Barbados?

I'm presuming that insurance is essential, is it? From what I hear basic doctor visits and the like are not too expensive, but there's always the concern about something more serious happening. What do most ex-pats do (those that are not covered by employer insurance) as is my case?

Thanks!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Alext is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Health insurance

Hi there,

Did you manage to find out about health insurance? If so could you share with me any information?.

Thanks

Alex
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

No, sorry, no info yet.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Bajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really nice

Hi Martin:

You could pick up comprehensive insurance for Bds$1000 per year (under 40) to Bds$1300 per year (51 - 65). That covers up to Bds$250,000 over a three year period. To increase that to $500,000 would raise premiums to $1467 and $1907 respectively.

I got information from my broker last week. You could always call him (Dominic Persaud of Sentry Insurance Brokers - 246 228-0163 or [email protected]) to get more advice on the scheme. Sentry are great brokers for any type of insurance coverage (I promise I am not on commission .

I believe that emergency care is free at the QEH, but not sure if that applies to non Barbadians.

Hope this helps.

John
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Alext is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the information, I will drop your contact an email, asking for a quote.

Alex
Old Dec 20th 2007, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Yep, sounds pretty good. Thanks for the info. Bajanboy.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Bajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really nice

No problem, guys. Dominic is a great guy. I have a property management business and am sending all my clients their way.

Tell him John Da Silva sent you and maybe he will buy me a beer next time he sees me out
Old Dec 25th 2007, 2:15 am
Just Joined

BGIbound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for that contact John, I'm also looking into health coverage.

cheers
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:25 am
Saturday Surfer

Netsirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there! As a lurker I appreciate the health info - I'm coming down the week of Feb 18th to find a LT rental. Send me a PM if that's a service you offer, I need to get to 3 posts before I can do it ;-)

Cheers!