Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Has it got too dangerous in Barbados?

Has it got too dangerous in Barbados?

Old Jun 21st 2015, 11:58 am
Just Joined

JaredF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has it got too dangerous in Barbados?

Hi all,
I just wanted to get some ideas from people who are local to Barbados. Coming there with a family for a few months in the summer initially. We are staying just in a small flat in Christchurch. Just a local place nothing in a gated area or with high security etc. I 'm reading a lot at the moment about problems Barbados is having with gun crimes, robberies and shootings and I'm wondering if this a safe area to be in and if its dangerous to travel round in Barbados right now. For all I know it could be made to be out much worse than it is by the media but because I'm not spending time at a resort I'd appreciate the heads up on the local scene
Many thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 11:21 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has it got too dangerous in Barbados?

I have to ask, JaredF, where are you from?? even with the resent upsurge in crime in Barbados, it's not anything like it would be in most parts of the world... and just like everywhere else in the world.. as long as you keep your common sense in tacked, you should be fine... Enjoy your stay..