Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever or know of someone who has pitched up a tent on the beach at nig

Has anyone ever or know of someone who has pitched up a tent on the beach at nig

Old Mar 3rd 2019, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

mark.alexander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone ever or know of someone who has pitched up a tent on the beach at nig

Is this something that someone has done before. I need your feedback.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone ever or know of someone who has pitched up a tent on the beach at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nig,_Iran

Surely not here ?
Old Mar 4th 2019, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone ever or know of someone who has pitched up a tent on the beach at

Originally Posted by scot47
Lots of sand there, but it's quite a long walk to the surf!
Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:55 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

As in.. I'm going to bring my tent and stay in the beach at night??? I wouldn't do it.. 1.. the police don't take kindly to that. and 2.. I just wouldn't take the chance of someone coming and taking my things, or worse...
Old Mar 4th 2019, 9:05 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Illegal here but people have asked. Its also potentially dangerous, you might get mugged or worse. ‘Backpackers’ have tried it and their tents kicked over in the night also, plus one nasty couple were using the beach as a toilet overnight in a remote atea and were thrown off the island.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

??????????
Old Mar 6th 2019, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Grenada?
Old Mar 6th 2019, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not talking about leaving it there of course. It will be a 1 person tent you can pack down fold up and carry in a large camping rucksack.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 6:20 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

but are you actually talking about pulling it out at night and sleeping on the beach. ?? I can't find anything that says you can't.. however... I do know. .according to NCC (National Conservation Commission) who rules the beaches. I can't go to the beach and put up a 10x10 tent (or anysize) with out permission and possibly paying something for the privilege
Old Mar 10th 2019, 6:45 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Isn’t there also an issue if you don’t have an address first night - immigration would need your address in the country?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 2:23 am

well. actually .. there is that. however.. honestly. you could be down any hotel . address and number.. and I'm pretty sure they aren't going to sit there an call. You don't have to show proof.. to the best of my knowledge..

I actually have a great story about me and a friend showing up in Bermuda on American Airlines (we worked in AA Reservations in North Carolina at the time), with no hotel booked. 2 flight attendants we met on board took pity on us , helped us get through immigration to go to the hotel booking desk.. get a place to stay and go back around to immigration to officially enter the country. it was the first of very interesting 36 hours in Bermuda.. 30 plus years ago. .not sure you could do that today..

Last edited by Sunniebgi; Mar 11th 2019 at 2:27 am.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Isn’t there also an issue if you don’t have an address first night - immigration would need your address in the country?
I have a number of family names and addresses I can use so I am not worried about that.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:57 pm

Well if you are set to break the law thats your business, dont expect help to do it however.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 1:24 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

The police would ask you to leave for your own safety and then you risk them investigating why you are sleeping in a tent on the beach - they could ask you to leave the island if you cant afford to stay. If that didn't happen I doubt you would last more than one night - especially on some beaches as I know of locals that actually sleep there and they wont take kindly to that kind of attention ie a vulnerable tourist who is sleeping rough. Being on your own on any beach at any time of day is not a good move let alone in the dark of night
Old Mar 16th 2019, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Happyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond repute

Only a complete idiot would attempt it --------------------------