Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Getting married on the beach

Getting married on the beach

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

tng1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting married on the beach

Hi everyone, I am engadge to get married to my bajan boyfriend and we would love to have a simple beach wedding .

Does anyone know how to go about this? Would I have to go through a hotel or guest house? Anyone have any ideas how we could have a beach wedding at low costs, not sure if there are any laws about getting married on the beach?

Please help if anyone has been through this at all or knows anyone that has.

Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ikon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting married on the beach

I know you mentioned keeping the costs low, but to be honest I think the only simple way to do this is with the help of a wedding planner. There's some listed here or maybe some people on here have better recommendations, or have been through the process themselves....
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:35 pm
Banned

reslax is an unknown quantity at this point

You may have seen the video on the following website already, because it has been out for a while, but if not, you may find it useful. It is all about getting married in Barbados. It is an interesting video, even for people who are not getting married.

The website is http://www.weddingtv.com/tv-shows/ho...s-on-barbados/.

If the link I have provided doesn't work, just type weddingtv.com into the search engine. When on the wedding tv website, click on "tv shows" at the top of the screen, then click on "Focus on Barbados" under the watch our shows heading on the right hand side of the screen. The video should start playing.

PS

On YouTube, there are many videos of people getting married on beaches and elsewhere on the island. Just go to YouTube and type in "Barbados Beach Wedding," "Barbados Wedding," or similar verbiage. You may get some ideas from some of the videos.

Last edited by reslax; Feb 3rd 2010 at 5:44 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Great tip guys. Thanks. Especially the link, I going to have a look tonight . Thanks again. Any more suggestion, would definately be helpful.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:36 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi T

A gf of mine got married in the grounds of the bouganvillea in maxwell it was real sweet and pics were done on the beach - she did it in a hurry and on a budget you could phone up there and ask the events manager for prices - not sure if ya been to the hotel but its gorgeous woudl be a great place to stay the honeymoon night too (its off maxwell coast road)

Good luck to both of ya hun

x
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Aw Thank you, Ill defo check them out. I have seen that hotel and it is lovely. Think we just gonna have to do some calling around and checking out prices. Ill keep everyone update
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:59 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Coconut Court Beach Hotel also had a great beach to do weddings on. Not sure what your budget is, but check the website as there is a rate on it. You might be able to scale that down if you don't need all the bells but ask first.