Getting a job in Barbados

Old May 23rd 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Bajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really nice
Default Re: Getting a job in Barbados

There is a small apartment, clean and basic, that might be available. Its very central on the south coast, ten minutes (two minutes drive) walk from Accra Beach. I think the rent is only US$300 per month and may include bills. I will have to check with my friend to see what the cost is. Let me know if you are interested. The same friend also has the old car. He is away until June 1 in the UK so I will ask him when he returns.
Old May 24th 2007, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

12ellie12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi John,

That sounds great. If you could find out the details eg definate price, furnished, bills etc I'd be very interested.

I'm not sure how to private message on here but if you do, please explain and we can pass the details on.

Thanks again,
Ellie
Old May 24th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Bajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really nice

Ellie:

Send me an e-mail on [email protected]. I will e-mail my friend and ask him for definite price etc.

The place is furnished, albeit a bit basic. There is a bedroom, bathroom and a kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave. The apartment is about 350 square feet.

I will write again when I know more.

John
Old May 25th 2007, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by balibarnett
Hiya

I have just joined BritishExpats.com. I've been visiting Barbados for the last 4 years and have also been bitten by the Bajan Bug!!! I am currently looking at the possiblity of moving to Barbados and also buying property ther. I have a HND in Business & Tourism Management and have been working as a Trust & Company administrator for the last 6 years, having completed my Trust & Estate Practitioner exams 3 years ago.

I am currently selling my property in Guernsey, Channel Isalnds (which is a very expensive place to live compared to Barbados!) which should give me quite a nice deposit to put down in Barbados. I will be staying in Barbados for 10 weeks from end of October this year. Any information on work, accommodation, etc. will be much appreciated.

Thanks very much

Ali
Hi Ali,

Wierdly I have a friend called Ali from Guernsey who I met in Barbados! I think she knows of you through mutual Bajan friends- still a v odd coincidence. Ali & I will be in Barbados July-Dec if you want to hook up & reminisce about your other island.

Good luck with your plans,
Ellie
Old May 25th 2007, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road

Hi ellie,

when will you arrive in Barbados in July? I will give a party there with some bajan and expat friends, and if you want to join us, it would be great I also hope to have trutje there as well, so, let´s see
Old May 25th 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ellie:

I hope you get the apartment as it is in a great location; a few minutes drive to lots of things on the South Coast. You will have to have a flat warming party and invite all of your britishexpats buddies.
Old May 25th 2007, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bajanboy
Hi Ellie:

I hope you get the apartment as it is in a great location; a few minutes drive to lots of things on the South Coast. You will have to have a flat warming party and invite all of your britishexpats buddies.
I hope so too! Sounds good, but let me get there first! We'll have to have a party at the Carib ASAP though- happy hour anybody?

Belinda-I should be there 23rd July so if that's not too late, it would be lovely to join you, thanks.

See you all soon (59 1/2 days to be precise!)

Ellie
Old May 25th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Funny how those of us who live here do not appreciate what we have, but when we see the lengths that you guys go through to come here, we should appreciate it more.

I will be at the Carib for happy hour this evening so I will drink a rum and coke in your honor
Old May 25th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ellie:
Our party will be on the 21st, so unfortunately too early for you, but why not going out for a drink later on, I will be there until the 28th of July, so enough time for a sundowner at Mannie´s I will pm you my bajan cellphone once I arrived in Barbados on the 7th ok?
@ Bajanboy - how about you, wanna join our party on the 21st of July?
Old May 25th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bajanboy
Funny how those of us who live here do not appreciate what we have, but when we see the lengths that you guys go through to come here, we should appreciate it more.

I will be at the Carib for happy hour this evening so I will drink a rum and coke in your honor
MMMmmmmmm, Mount Gay rum
Have a good one tonight
Old May 25th 2007, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

John Enjoy yourself. I'll be working my second job & preparing for overtime tomorrow! Sniff, it'll be over soon & so worth it!

Belinda- sounds cool, see you soon

Trutje- rum makes me cry but I do like a Banks, yum
Old May 25th 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

I prefer Cockspur since Mount Gay for me tastes like Whiskey, and I hate Whiskey But Banks is great all time
So I really hope to meet some of you there soon!!! Just 42 days left for me
Old May 25th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Belinda1974
I prefer Cockspur since Mount Gay for me tastes like Whiskey, and I hate Whiskey But Banks is great all time
So I really hope to meet some of you there soon!!! Just 42 days left for me
Hi Belinda,
it is so nice of you to think about me, with your party
And I just spoke to my husband and told him about it and he said I have to look for a ticket and go over during that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's such a sweetheart
I am sooooo excited Also to see my boys again ofcourse!!
So guys, I probably see you all in juli!!!!!
xxx
Old May 25th 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12ellie12
John Enjoy yourself. I'll be working my second job & preparing for overtime tomorrow! Sniff, it'll be over soon & so worth it!

Belinda- sounds cool, see you soon

Trutje- rum makes me cry but I do like a Banks, yum
Crying is good once in a while
Old May 25th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

@trutje

WOW THAT ARE REALLY GREAT NEWS!
So you really are going to come over to Barbados in July, that´s so cool!
I am just drinking a rum ´n coke with my husband, talking bout Barbados and how nice it is to learn to know so many nice people in this forum! I am so happy to go to Barbados soon, but it also makes me happy to meet you there soon!
trutje, please let me know when you will be in Barbados, I am so much looking forward to meet you, since it was such a pleasure to mail with you in the last time. We will be off de island between July 10th and 17th (St. Vincent and Bequia), but there is still enough time to meet. Besides, we will fly out of London Gatwick on July 7th with Virgin, and I am wondering if you will take the same flight ))))))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.