British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Gap stabbing? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/gap-stabbing-836714/)

Serendipidy Jun 17th 2014 3:49 pm

Gap stabbing?

Hi All

I just heard the sad news about the father of two stabbed in the Gap (im not in Barbados at present) ...What can be said...they moved to the island 8 weeks ago with his family and as we often help those relocating to the islands I do wonder if they were someone we liaised with. Are there any details of what happened, has the "local man" been arrested.. etc as the press in UK is focussing more on him being a war veteran than the crime details?

Condolences to his family and friends....War is on the streets not just on the battlefields sigh

Not sure why im actually asking these questions but something is prompting me to ask

Sunniebgi Jun 17th 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Gap stabbing?

yes, it is a sad thing.. I thought the family was back in the UK?? and not living here with him. He was a telecom technician working on a project with Lime.

The story I have is that he spent all night drinking in the gap and got into an altercation with one of the vendors. This particular vendor creates the birds etc out of dried coconuts. one thing led to the next and the British fellow punched the bajan and the bajan stabbed him. Now.. I wasn't there, but this is from someone who is supposed to know. and.. we don't know if there had been words between the 2 men before this particular incident.

as said.. it's sad.. regardless of who may be at fault .. or not..

Serendipidy Jun 17th 2014 10:36 pm

Wow thanks Sunnie....I actually just had similar info just given to me as to who ..and it turns out i know him sigh...i heard different details on the altercation but thats barbados for you in that every one has a different version ..Have they apprehended the guy yet?..ive been told that he is on the run?? How stupid is that cos its a tiny island...Im guessing with the penal system as it is in Barbados he will not see the light of day again once he is arrested.

Sunniebgi Jun 18th 2014 9:31 pm

it would be interesting to hear what you where told (you can message me that info).

We had a guy on the run for years in Barbados, a number of years ago.. I'm sure this guy is being hidden, but I'm sure the police aren't necessarily making this priority one.. (for give me to the expat community for saying that)although this is a case of a non-national having been the victim.. so .. maybe they are...

Serendipidy Jun 18th 2014 9:37 pm

I actually think they will make it a priority as its high profile news in UK and that will affect tourism if they dont show that they have taken action and that the perpetrator is still at large

Sunniebgi Jun 19th 2014 11:09 am

I think he has turned himself in.. but.. will we hear the whole story.....