Furniture stores

Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: Furniture stores

Eddo is having a sale now...I was there about a month ago and most was teak.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting reading about furniture stores but I am looking for wooden flooring retailers for hardwood flooring and laminate flooring.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tulipknife
Interesting reading about furniture stores but I am looking for wooden flooring retailers for hardwood flooring and laminate flooring.

Any ideas?
I don't know if they ever heard of laminate flooring
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Trujte...that is exactly what I was thinking plus the moisture/humdity there would do a number on any laminate surface.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zanne
Trujte...that is exactly what I was thinking plus the moisture/humdity there would do a number on any laminate surface.
Exactly
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point

Yip,

I guessed no one would use laminate but hardwood flooring is used all over the world as it can be treated for for all climates.

I sell and install this flooring in scotland and we are loking at moving in the future but would need a steady income from installation and possibly supplying hardwood flooring.

On seeing the amount of large new builds in certain areas of the island on my last visit I assumed that not everyone wants tiles from floor to ceiling and if there is a market for hardwood flooring it would make transition easier for us .

If you know of anyone or anywhere hardwood flooring is available on the island any info is welcome.

Tulipknife
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Most people have stone or tile, unless you live in a wood frame house which has what I would call plank flooring. I think stone and tile feel cooler underfoot for one. Purpleheart is very popular now as well. You should check the Barbados Yellow Pages Online for resources.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:13 am
Just Joined

belbest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expat_wannabe07
Also try Eddo on Bay Street, they are quite pricey but good quality furniture. It's a canadian business i think - i bought a very nice sofa in their sale last summer.
Hi Guys. Has anybody been to see furniture at the above websites or seen the furniture at Mikeal's?? I need furniture by Feb.
belbest
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I bought my living room furniture from Mikeal-- he is way out in the country side...if you PM me I can email you some pics from my living room. The cushions were made by Happy Angel.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

belbest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zanne
I bought my living room furniture from Mikeal-- he is way out in the country side...if you PM me I can email you some pics from my living room. The cushions were made by Happy Angel.
Hi Zanne: Yes, please that will be great if you can email me with some furniture pics. email [email protected]
Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

No problem...
Old Dec 19th 2007, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

martinwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Furniture stores

check out office-furnitures.co.uk, they have really cheap office furnitures and quick service.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

To Barbados????
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinwest
check out office-furnitures.co.uk, they have really cheap office furnitures and quick service.
Not much use if you're in barbados though
Old Dec 21st 2007, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Alext is an unknown quantity at this point

It is possible to furnish a house from scratch, within a short period of time. I moved out here in October and had to buy all my furniture within 2 weeks before my family arrived, everything from beds to knives so I have done a total tour of duty.

Shops to head to are:

Designer Decor (sofa's, patio furniture, coffee tables, pool furniture)

Edo (I bought a lovely table and chairs - however their wood is not treated so you will need to do this yourself otherwise you will get stains from cups, glasses etc..... its a pain having to paint on the treatment but essential

WorkBench- great beds, sofas, coffee tables

Standard - beds and furniture - pretty basic but worth a look

Ganjajah (think thats spelt right) nice wooden coffee tables, lamps

Indian Ocean Exports - Gorgeous Teak Balinease furniture (EXPENSIVE!!!)

Hope this helps

Ax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.